IGNORED

Colecovision HSC Season 12 - Round 23 - Turbo

On 7/2/2019 at 9:23 PM, DuggerVideoGames said:

I just noticed something in Daniel's version:  no matter how many cars you pass, the cars passed never goes higher than 41.  I must've passed close to 80 or 90 cars before the first timer expired, and it wouldn't go past 41.

This is by design and happens in the original version of the game as well.  Page 6 of the manual states that "the Cars Passed indicator records a maximum of 41 cars".  Strange how memory can play tricks on you because I thought that it went up to 99 but am probably getting mixed up with the timer.

4 hours ago, Ikrananka said:

This is by design and happens in the original version of the game as well.  Page 6 of the manual states that "the Cars Passed indicator records a maximum of 41 cars".  Strange how memory can play tricks on you because I thought that it went up to 99 but am probably getting mixed up with the timer.

The original has a glitch where sometimes a car passes you and your "cars passed" reduces by 10 instead of 1.  Sometimes when you have 0 cars passed and a car passes you, it suddenly says you passed 99 cars; Daniel's version does not have this glitch.

4 hours ago, Ikrananka said:

Here's a video of the glitch in action in the original version.  I made this video a few years ago when I had no clue what the hell I was doing and had no idea why I was scoring so well (as you can see in the video, I'm in one gear the whole time and didn't know about shifting).  Right off that bat, you see the cars passed counter being messed up.

• Like 1

I've been trying to play this using the Driving Controller (using the Ultimate PC Interface and CoolCV) and while I love the steering wheel I hate the accelerator pedal.  The spring in it is just way too strong (stiff) and requires a ridiculous amount of force to push it all the way down so the switch inside makes contact.  On numerous occasions I would accidentally, and very slightly, ease the pressure on the pedal (probably due to my muscles cramping) and my car would suddenly decelerate and then get hit from behind.  Trying to recover I would often find the pedal then seemed to be unresponsive and I'd get hit from behind again.  If there was a simple mod one could do to these pedals then the driving controller would be awesome.  Does anyone know of a source of compatible springs with lower stiffness?

image001.png

Edited by Ikrananka
  • Like 1

Yeah, great score!!! I, on the other hand, "stalled" out on this driving game and couldn't get any higher than 35,000+. Some games ya got it...some games ya don't!!!

4 hours ago, Northcoastgamer said:

Another round, another record falls. Gratz to Dugger for leading the way and a impressive video! An interesting round with some knowledge gained. Thank's to everyone that partook in the race!