IGNORED

Smaller 5200 box question

atari-dna

Hi all, wondering how Atari packaged the reduced size 5200 boxes as pictured here. I came across one years ago but the internal foam was gone. According to the back of the carton a full 5200, two joysticks, power supply, and game were included. The box is a tight fit for just a console, using the foam inserts that you would see in the larger (more common) boxes. Does anyone have one of these reduced size boxes with the packing material? I’m curious to see how they crammed it all in there, presumably there was a styrofoam insert specific to these packages. If anyone can share how it was done I’d be grateful.

abb08e826b1d128c5e4d288f4d700151.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2019 at 10:38 AM, atari-dna said:

Hi all, wondering how Atari packaged the reduced size 5200 boxes as pictured here. I came across one years ago but the internal foam was gone. According to the back of the carton a full 5200, two joysticks, power supply, and game were included. The box is a tight fit for just a console, using the foam inserts that you would see in the larger (more common) boxes. Does anyone have one of these reduced size boxes with the packing material? I’m curious to see how they crammed it all in there, presumably there was a styrofoam insert specific to these packages. If anyone can share how it was done I’d be grateful.

abb08e826b1d128c5e4d288f4d700151.jpg

The 5200 controllers shipped in the console’s controller storage area (under the hood in the rear of the unit).  The Super Breakout pack-in game was included as only the cart and game manual (no game box). 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...