IGNORED

Modded Arcade1Up Centipede Jamma 12-in-1

I've decided to convert my AIU factory Centipede machine into a custom 12-in-1 using most of the 60-in-1 kit from DIY Retro Arcade

It will feature a custom control panel, Arcade Graphix Kick Panel graphics and a black out edition Marquee from The Arcade Game Factory

I’m going to use this one as a dedicated Vertical 8-way Joystick / Trackball machine and it will have the following games from the 60-in-1:

CENTIPEDE

TB

FIRE

MILIPEDE

TB

FIRE

GALAGA 3

FIRE

XEVIOUS

BLASTER / ZAPPER

ZAXXON

FIRE

SCRAMBLE

LASER / BOMBS

TIME PILOT

FIRE

FIRE / LOOP

A / B

SUPER COBRA

GUNS / ROCKETS

CONGO BONGO

JUMP

BOMB JACK

JUMP

The highlighted games might get dropped depending on how the 60-in-1 menu reacts when I disable the rest of the other games

I know I lose Missile Command and Crystal Castles from the factory Game but I’m not really fond of either of those games anyway

Edited by Boba Debt

I bought the Centipede cab partially for Missile Command - gf really likes that game. Boy were we disappointed to find the game setting is way too hard to be much fun. These cabs (and any machine that plays arcade games)  should allow the user to adjust the difficulty settings. Why these companies continually get the basics like this wrong is beyond me. Choosing an incredibly difficult setting as the default. pfffft    

The 412-in-1 Jamma board is the same way. Most games are set to max difficulty. At least you can change them, but of course they had to make *that* process difficult as you need to have the 5th or 6th button hooked up to make the changes. Idiotic.

I cut the template for the equipment panel that I'll use for all of my modified cabinets

It's attached to the back of the front K panel.  I'll eventually add a screw to the left and right side during the final assembly to make it more secure

246579493_CentipedeEquipmentPanel.thumb.jpg.db3fa6a5289fc2a07630fe15f0b2825a.jpg

On 7/3/2019 at 11:16 AM, save2600 said:

I bought the Centipede cab partially for Missile Command - gf really likes that game. Boy were we disappointed to find the game setting is way too hard to be much fun. These cabs (and any machine that plays arcade games)  should allow the user to adjust the difficulty settings. Why these companies continually get the basics like this wrong is beyond me. Choosing an incredibly difficult setting as the default. pfffft    

The 412-in-1 Jamma board is the same way. Most games are set to max difficulty. At least you can change them, but of course they had to make *that* process difficult as you need to have the 5th or 6th button hooked up to make the changes. Idiotic.

What do you mean by Missile Command difficulty settings?  You should get a new city every 10k points; that could be changed to 8k.  Do you think the cursor moves too slow?  There aren't really any difficulty settings (in the arcade machine).

Edited by mr_me

2 hours ago, Boba Debt said:

I guess you guys are more interested in discussing missile command then modding a machine.

I'll quit wasting my time updating this thread.

By all means, go ahead. I only mentioned Missile Command not being much fun on these units in support of your decision to ditch the innards and put something else into it.   :)