IGNORED

Atari 2600 Controller Secrets Revealed (video)

ave1

I've got a few Atari controller secrets to reveal which some of you may have never come upon. Here's the lowdown:

1) the Atari CX-22 Trakball has a desirable feature that the later-released black CX-80 Trakball doesn't have. In fact, there are other 2600-compatible trackballs that have this feature as well... 

2) The combo paddle/joystick 2600 controllers made by Sears and Coleco are not as effective to play paddle games  on a light sixer or heavy sixer unless you have a particular item to use with the controller. There are some people here who may have never known about this. 

3) Omega Race is a two-button game requiring a special "Booster Grip" to properly play it. Some may not have that Booster Grip, but there is another way to play the game... and a controller from another gaming console is the key. 

4) There's a particular mouse that can be used to play 2600 games, but there's a trick that you have to know in order to make it "active". 

I've got all this explained in today's presentation on my Wired-up Retro Ytube channel.  Enjoy:

Edited by ave1
Smartphone autocorrect issues
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 10/25/2019 at 2:17 PM, keithbk said:

I enjoyed your video. If you are ever in the Indianapolis area and like Doctor Who, visit Who North America (the Doctor Who store, http://www.whona.com) and say "Hi!"

I'll definitely consider doing that. Thanks!