IGNORED

Pro Golf --(16 K 2600 ASM) Completed

easmith

On 8/20/2019 at 10:34 PM, imstarryeyed said:

@easmith

That is great!  Thank you so much. 

I think you are right most players would most likely be male, but I often found many guys like to play female characters in games..

I know this is going to sound very petty but is there any chance she can be in bright colors?  I realize she is using the pallet of the guy but I was just wondering if bright colors like red,orange, pink, yellow could be an option?

I wish I was a sprite artist as I would love to give you a sample, I am sure others could do far better than I.

Great job, on allowing this option! I always thought these types of games should have a female option too.

Whatever you decide to do thanks again, your game is really fun and needed on this platform.

OK I have managed to add the following options:

P0 difficulty still controls wind ( on/off)

P1 difficulty still controls 1 player or 2 player 

TV Type controls gender .

If TV type is color , player 1 and 2 ( if applicable ) are male

If TV type is B&W  , player 1 is female and player ( if applicable) is male.

No option for both players female, sorry.

I have to call this finished now , have to make carts next week .

Edited by easmith
caught a bug . fixed now
  • Like 1

Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions. Made the game better.  Attached are final cartridge versions( really)  -- I made a few more little tweaks to putting.

Thanks again to Kurt Howe (aka NukeyShay) for kernel help.

I think the game plays well if you read the directions, since a few things might seem counter-intuitive.  For example,  that full swing strength is based on target, so even if you are close to target you need to  use full strength ( unless putting).   And that the wind direction is based on overhead perspective, not first person  perspective.

Hints:

1.  Takes practice to get a feel for putting. But the rule of max strength = distance 10 works pretty well .

2.  If moving the target just a little selects  a more powerful club ( lower number) , then select more powerful club.

3.  Except when putting, always use max shot strength , since you are trying to hot your preset target which = max strength.

4.  Always aim for center of green-- maximizes chances of hitting green.

Cartridge art is shown here  for regular course, designed by Michael Thomasson:

image.thumb.png.7877d9ec3ff53348aa329491ae3ba2f4.png

Boxes are being made also for PRGE .    Cart only for Desert Course and Augusta .  Desert Course and Augusta have male players only.  Original course has female option.

Also hope to include course maps and scorecards.

Edited by easmith
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, easmith said:

Boxes are being made also for PRGE .    Cart only for Desert Course and Augusta .  Desert Course and Augusta have male players only.  Original course has female option.

Also hope to include course maps and scorecards.

Great job Edward and nice looking label! Looking forward to picking up all three versions at PRGE. ?

sorry for so many versions , but ONE last change ( Rom for cart isn't due til Tuesday ...) 

It was bugging me that after each hole there was no indicator of hole score ( you had to keep track yourself which was ok but not ideal).

I had enough space to add ( in base game only)   graphics for birdie ( 1 under par) ( a bird) , eagle ( 2 under par) (an eagle) , double eagle ( 3 under par )  ( 2 eagles) , par ( the word par) , bogey , double bogey, and triple bogey ( 1 , 2 or 3 frowny faces , respectively) .

Adds a little extra I think !

ProGolfBirdie2.bin

ProGolfAugustaNational8-25.bin

Desert Course

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/292922-pro-golf-16-k-2600-asm-completed/?do=findComment&comment=4344648

ProGolf2600.pdf

Edited by easmith
augusta national course now has female option and score graphics !
  • Like 3

this shows the added graphic at the end of each hole showing score ( here are shown par, bogie, birdie, and eagle)

Note:  my computer battery is dying , so it runs slow and the sounds are weird sometimes 

Edited by easmith
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2019 at 7:36 PM, easmith said:

I’m writing a manual, which will be included with the boxed versions.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
23 hours ago, easmith said:

Received materials today !  Very cool .   Will be available from Michael Thomasson at  PRGE at Good Deal Games booth . 

image.thumb.png.266ae8b0288756f6b9fca7a35f635da4.png

image.thumb.png.112843f263c3bc151816203b7eb24d0a.png

image.thumb.png.eecdc5ca2b686b62631d9ab23b797c4a.png

image.thumb.png.482f41aa831bd82ef57eadcb35bdc854.png

Augusta on a Imagic cart and Desert on an Activision cart??? Creative!

Whats the prices on those two are PRGE?? (I know the boxed Pro Golf is $44.99)

1 hour ago, Arenafoot said:

Augusta on a Imagic cart and Desert on an Activision cart??? Creative!

Whats the prices on those two are PRGE?? (I know the boxed Pro Golf is $44.99)

Yes on the cart designs .  $20 each I believe .   Covers cost of production  .   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2019 at 4:03 PM, easmith said:

Michael did not bring all copies to PRGE . I believe there are 12 still left for any that want a copy 

http://www.gooddealgames.com/inventory/Atari 2600.html

Augusta and Desert courses are sold out . 

I picked up a copy of all three while at PRGE, they all look great!

• 3 weeks later...

Was Lucky enough to snag a boxed copy from the Gooddealgames website about a week ago. Came in today. Such a fun game. Awesome work.  Wasn't lucky enough to score the Augusta and Desert carts, but at least i have the Bin files on my phone to enjoy.

20191114_213539.jpg

Edited by jwelsh
Wrong Picture.

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, easmith said:

pdf of manual attached . 
Thanks to Leonard Herman for designing it . 

ProGolf2600.pdf 2.02 MB · 4 downloads

Thanks for posting the manual, Edward. Because of problems with the printer, the manual that was supplied with the game was much smaller in dimensions than how it was designed, so it made it much harder to read.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was lucky and was able to get all three of these. The boxed Pro Golf and the Augusta and Desert carts. This is an easy game to start playing but it is not at all easy to master. The split screen play is really nice. Overall I think these games are a gem for the 2600 community.

Thank you for creating these great games. I have the games on my Harmony cart but wanted to get the actual carts for my collection. Having the roms to play without dragging the actual carts out every time is awesome. 

• 1 month later...

CONGRATULATIONS to Pro Golf for being nominated in the 2019 Atari Homebrew Awards!

Be sure to vote for your favourite homebrew games of 2019 with the links below and watch the awards LIVE on February 1, 2020!

Awards Show: February 1, 2020 @ 12:00PM PT | 3PM ET | 8PM GMT LIVE on the ZeroPage Homebrew Twitch Channel!

Atari Homebrew Awards Categories (VOTE IN ALL!!):

501267677_2019AtariHomebrewAwardsLaurel-Nominated-BestPackagingAtari2600.jpg.67119f0ffdeecfbcc3cdd851f0773f67.jpg