IGNORED

Pro Golf --(16 K 2600 ASM) Completed

easmith

I do have a question... how does one start the swing? I move my cursor to line up the shot. The manual says to hit button to set, but hitting the button (or holding the button) seems to do nothing. Moving down to start my stroke just moves the cursor again. Finally after frantically messing with moving and button strikes, it starts the swing and is okay for remainder of hole. Next hole it starts the same again.  What am I missing?

8 hours ago, MissCommand said:

I do have a question... how does one start the swing? I move my cursor to line up the shot. The manual says to hit button to set, but hitting the button (or holding the button) seems to do nothing. Moving down to start my stroke just moves the cursor again. Finally after frantically messing with moving and button strikes, it starts the swing and is okay for remainder of hole. Next hole it starts the same again.  What am I missing?

Your target is probably out of range. The lower left shows active club. If it is  - -   then you can't hit . 

10 hours ago, Yurkie said:

Any chance there could be a text label cart? I love the early text label original carts, I have the original Golf game with text label.

On 8/5/2019 at 7:13 PM, TrekMD said:

That is awesome! Thank you!  Will the two cart runs be different?

There might not be more than 1 run  !     But if the first sold out , I might give permission for folks to make a custom label through AA store. Or maybe it would be deemed worthy of AA store run down the road.   

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Yurkie said:

What about making another version, or maybe several based on real golf courses. This game is freaking AWESOME!

I will try . I had thought about this . I was a big fan of the Links 386 game , which had multiple classic courses .  The only challenge  will be that the game currently uses symmetric play field .  I have enough ROM space for asymmetric but it's more work !

I'll see f I can render a decently accurate version of Augusta !

• Like 3

On 8/11/2019 at 1:38 AM, Yurkie said:

What about making another version, or maybe several based on real golf courses. This game is freaking AWESOME!

This is as good as I can do for Augusta National  !

image.thumb.png.530a6058fc5e45a730365b3f00d9d1ad.png

Actual Course Map 

image.thumb.png.5908b8fa17267c0d8cd6bddf4a00024a.png

image.thumb.png.273d24cf6b13f0a1b376273b7ef2dca4.png

Edited by easmith
  • Like 4

On 8/10/2019 at 8:17 AM, easmith said:

Your target is probably out of range. The lower left shows active club. If it is  - -   then you can't hit . 

Ahhh... that's it... thanks! ?  I thought it was just a general marker of direction and did not need to be in range of your club.

while working on Augusta, I made a change to gameplay. Attached is updated version of original  game .  Now, if your lie is in sand or trees, in addition to your shot not traveling as far, there is a 20% chance of flubbing the chip or "hitting a tree".  So there is a greater penalty for landing on sand or trees.

GolfReadMe.txt

Edited by easmith
  • Like 4

That is one really cool game, I love golf games.  Took me a few minutes to get used to the swinging, but once I did it was really fun!

Would it be too difficult for you also include a ladies sprite option?  maybe via Difficulty switch or something?  Golf games should always include a lady option if possible, in my opinion.. ?

I have been hoping for a good golf game for the 2600 for a long time and your version looks great!  Thank you!

23 hours ago, imstarryeyed said:

That is one really cool game, I love golf games.  Took me a few minutes to get used to the swinging, but once I did it was really fun!

Would it be too difficult for you also include a ladies sprite option?  maybe via Difficulty switch or something?  Golf games should always include a lady option if possible, in my opinion.. ?

I have been hoping for a good golf game for the 2600 for a long time and your version looks great!  Thank you!

What do you think ?

Edited by easmith
  • Like 1

@easmith

That is great!  Thank you so much. 

I think you are right most players would most likely be male, but I often found many guys like to play female characters in games..

I know this is going to sound very petty but is there any chance she can be in bright colors?  I realize she is using the pallet of the guy but I was just wondering if bright colors like red,orange, pink, yellow could be an option?

I wish I was a sprite artist as I would love to give you a sample, I am sure others could do far better than I.

Great job, on allowing this option! I always thought these types of games should have a female option too.

Whatever you decide to do thanks again, your game is really fun and needed on this platform.