IGNORED

Wishing for a New Intellivision Game: Spy-vs-Spy

Mad Magazine is no more (https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/mad-magazine-effectively-close-67-years-1222636), which got me thinking about “Spy vs Spy” which was fun on so many systems. I think with the right designer thinking through the play, and the right developer at the keyboard, an Intellivision version could be a reality. Of course, to respect the copyright, it could not *be* that game, but a competitive similar 2-player battle strategy game would be fun and a big seller, maybe more than the last several commercial releases we have seen.

Yes, my ideas eclipse my talent, which is not really saying much. :)

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Yes..yes...yes!!!  I agree!  The Intv would have been perfect for this title... rather than holding down the joystick button to choose the "trap".  Just press it on the number pad.  

I agree!  Great title for the Intv and Amico.

Oh no! No more MAD! I collected mad for years, it will be a sad new world without mad, thats where most of my knowledge and learnedness came from! I still have all my issues, including #1 and some of the comics before it was a magazine.

Great idea on a spy vs spy game though, I loved it on the c64 bitd! :)

Slightly OT, I just learned about this game for the VCS. I think a "plussed up" version would make a good Intellivision mini-game (maybe for the next IntyBASIC compilation cart)? I could get the maestros at Intv Prime to come up with some background music for any programmer to do the dev work*.

*There are 2 other music commitments that have to be cleared first, but when they are done this could be next.