IGNORED

Bruce Lee retweaked sprites

TIX

I applaud your efforts! (also with other games). But it seems Bruce got less hair (his ear used to be covered by hair) and a bigger chin. Maybe a little too big of a chin :D

And his eye is on the side of his head, like a horse. It used to be on the front, like primates ;)

The ninja's head is too big IMHO.

BUT, to end on a positive note, the sumo wrestler is spot on! He used to look like Jabba the Hutt, but now has a proper small head and a huge belly :)

Edited by ivop
  • Like 1

well for my defense, I kept the head the same just with bigger hair and the eye is in the same place,

as for the ninja I wanted him to be sorter but I kept the head big as Bruce's for fun, I don't know yet..

Thanks for the comments !

comparison.JPG.9e0f1798bf29fb1a1eea0f6263d97e77.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I must say I only watched a youtube video of BL on the A8 quickly and it appeared to me his eye was on the front while running. But eyes and hair have the same color, so... :D

As for the last two images, your lower enhancement is way beter.  Previously he looked like he was hanging back a little and pretty bored. The new one has him "on his toes" and his pose looks way more menacing!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

BL's posture and stance looks much more realistic

Yamo looks more like a real sumo too

the waif-like ninja is most appropriate (poor fellow doesnt have his own name, just a job description hehe)

its all good! :)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ivop said:

The new one has him "on his toes" and his pose looks way more menacing!

53 minutes ago, xrbrevin said:

BL's posture and stance looks much more realistic

And he has a six-pack! Before he was too "fat" for Bruce Lee.

As for the wrist band, I think TIX can change the colors of the fist and the wrist.

And as for the chin, I suppose it looks ridiculous if you remove the chin pixel?

Edit: here's a quick "gimped" (photoshopped on Linux) version of what I mean about chin, eyes and hair:

brucelee-try1.png.f25618fd30e05130f7853fc3b303325e.png

It almost looks like he is saying:

And fixed his fist/glove. Sort of. Perhaps you can do better.

Oh, and after watching it again and again, your Yamo is hilarious!! (in a good, comical way) :)

Edited by ivop
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, TIX said:

well for my defense, I kept the head the same just with bigger hair and the eye is in the same place,

as for the ninja I wanted him to be sorter but I kept the head big as Bruce's for fun, I don't know yet..

The new one with the chin still looks better, and I can live with that, with how everything else is changed. Plus, like @ivop said. it looks more ridiculous with the chin pixel removed. I think you would have to make his head a pixel-row taller to do anything else about the eye(s) and chin, and would probably look even more ridiculous anyway.

He still needs some kind of feet, even if it's just one pixel like the top part of his feet in the original. Right now it looks like he has goat-legs with hooves, I know it would require the stance to be two pixels closer together at least though. but I think you can still have him in a "ready" stance if you adjust the leg pixels to compensate.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Thanks 1

The green guy is just too fat and looks more likely to get you in a sumo grasp than take a flying kick.

The ninja looks like Marvin the Martian & his sword is too long.

Bruce... too much hair gel and his chin is all wrong.

And correct about 2 frames being not enough for a decent animation.

13 hours ago, TIX said:

I think they all look great, especially Yamo! Can't wait to play it ;)

• Thanks 1

IDK maybe let his hair touch the back of his kneck, or remove a spec of the hair about the eye or make it a spec of flesh color, not sure, you never know how it's going to look till you actually do it to see it. Experimentation is such a fun and fickle thing.

+1 Yamo

- 1 Ninja/alien

= Bruce

Should be interesting to see how it shakes out.

Edited by _The Doctor__

1 hour ago, Yaron Nir said:

Can share all the animated frames ?

If you want these frame can be used in an A8 game we can work on together

Hey man, I'm interested to hear about your game !

Of course I can't promise anything .. I'm swamped at the moment with 4 different projects (2 of them new games)

But it's all for fun, so PM me  ?

Edited by TIX

2 hours ago, TIX said:

double wide pixels.. what a thrill

Capture.JPG.738d8e25032e18a62b7dbe20e84f6e01.JPG Capture2.JPG.72ef2bf609ed71e11ecf5aee33d7f02c.JPG

It looks like two frames of animation, before and after Bruce starts inflating Yamo like Dig-Dug would do! 

• Like 1

Now, after Alien Ninja we also get Hulk Yamo? ??

Anyway, in general, I don't like changed sprites of the good old games, even if they look better as such, I prefer games as they were made originally - instead I would like to see those improved/revised sprites in new games/ sequels of games

• Like 1

I love to read a TIX thread! Watching how you have progressed in your sprite hacks is amazing to see, some of the sprites you are making now are miles ahead of where they were when you first started gfx hacking.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr Robot said:

I love to read a TIX thread! Watching how you have progressed in your sprite hacks is amazing to see, some of the sprites you are making now are miles ahead of where they were when you first started gfx hacking.

Thanks for the encouragement man !

hey, it's almost a year now ?

• Like 1