IGNORED

Bruce Lee retweaked sprites

TIX

work in progress gifs, getting there..

remember in game they animate lightning fast.. I have slow them down to human level !

I'm finally satisfied with the (chunky) strike frame, squint and you will see it too ?

ninja-run10.gif.7801d20f150dfdd300e9ed6e1e120b10.gif

ninja-strike19.gif.6526691002618e726d7e88d4bed70e72.gif

Edited by TIX
  • Like 8

Well, I can't be sure how the collision is setup technically..  I'm not a coder,

I haven't noticed anything different and I consider myself an expert on this game (30 years ago ?)

Seriously though, the new sprites occupy the same space, soo don't worry it should be fine !!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ute said:

It's using Player<->Missile detection, so I think it should be fine, even if you want to change the size.

Hey Ute, thanks for the explanation !

a minute ago as I was hacking-in the Yamo jump frames (for two player game), a collision problem does occurred:

Yamo was unable to grab hold the ladder no matter what..

I manage to solve it by making his ponytail taller by one pixel ? ?!?!?

OK moving along !

Edited by TIX

13 minutes ago, TIX said:

a minute ago as I was hacking-in the Yamo jump frames (for two player game), a collision problem does occurred:

OK moving along !

OMG!

And I thought, all along, that he was already too fat, and would trigger all sorts of false collisions, bouncing all over the place... and it turns out that it just needed longer hair...

?

Edited by Faicuai
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

It makes sense. If the collision is based on the Black shape(GRAFP2 or GRAFP3 shape, can't remember which), Yamo may not be jumping high enough for the pony tail to touch the ladder tile, or perhaps not enough overlap to trigger a collision - Possibly you lowered the pony tail from its original height?

Sorry, in the post above I was only thinking about horizontal collisions, and specifically only about P2P and P2M.

Edited by Ute
Clairity
  • Like 1

OK done,

here is the full Yamo/Ninja hack for your entertainment ?

Known bug: You will notice some ''holes'' on Yamo.. it's because I didn't have black available where I needed it ?

In most frames, I have successfully work around the limitation,

the only place that is noticeable is on the ladder climbing, I don't know yet maybe I'll redo the particular frames..

Enjoy and test please

newYN.JPG.ea87e0732ce8830c4a0aacc7d1934309.JPG

Bruce Lee (new Yamo-Ninja).xex

Edited by TIX
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, TIX said:

OK moving along !

As Ute said, the game engine is heavily based on collision with color.

Collision with:

• color0 = Bruce hits the ground
  • color1 = Something special may have happened, for example, Bruce hitting a lantern... or a rat ... What is under Bruce is taken into account to check.
  • color2 = Bruce has reached a ladder
  • color3 = Bruce hits an obstacle.

You can use the XEX to see what's going on.

image.png.536e95ad9bbe35cb3122f1d909c9fa1e.png

Great job otherwise!

textpm.XEX

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Bruce's head design study continued,

I think I'm on to something here.. 

head is now 2 pixels wide, in analogy with his opponents, also the creepy eye is gone !

Now the question is about the haircut.. 

I think No. 6 is closer but I need to make him a pixel shorter to incorporate the added height..

so I have to compromise to something like No.7, but this will be a bitch to draw in the double wide frames...

And of course he will look different in PAL an NTSC  due to height  difference ?

Not easy by any chance, but this is the fun part ?

1661820902_Bruceshaircut.JPG.56dd1acf73ea6c54eb6b79b009b7f879.JPG

bl.JPG.7af49b24c55c9c158fbf1c03f2d47fa0.JPG

• Like 3

I think three and five are first and second best personally. Six looks like he has an Afro or a helmet, the hair is way too thick.  Seven looks like he's had the front part of his faced chopped off.

On second thought, I don't like 5 either, the more I look at it, the more I'm reminded of Princess Laya's bun hairdo from Star Wars IV. I'd go with number 3 if it were up to me.

Edited by Gunstar

12 minutes ago, Gunstar said:

I think three and five are first and second best personally. Six looks like he has an Afro or a helmet, the hair is way too thick.  Seven looks like he's had the front part of his faced chopped off.

On second thought, I don't like 5 either, the more I look at it, the more I'm reminded of Princess Laya's bun hairdo from Star Wars IV. I'd go with number 3 if it were up to me.

I am with gunstar :)

• Like 1

To me, number 3 looks like he could getting away with singing Jailhouse Rock.
I think #6 matches the photo the best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

number 2 looks like the best approximation to me. if the flesh tone could be just above the right eye could be near perfect. I can't fathom helmet/bun or half face...  5 can be imagined as the the hair covering the face...  but Bruce needs eyes to see and menace.  it's a tough one for sure.

Edited by _The Doctor__