IGNORED

Bruce Lee retweaked sprites

TIX

Amazing indeed! But, not to be a nag again, how about the gloves (wristbands now) and moving the eye to the front of the head?

And the walking Yamo still cracks me up :D he's fantastic!

edit: really looking forward to see this "in-game"

Edited by ivop
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ivop said:

Amazing indeed! But, not to be a nag again, how about the gloves (wristbands now) and moving the eye to the front of the head?

Thanks for the support guys,

to be honest I was never a big fun of the black gloves..

the only reason they were there, was to define the hands against the (same color) body...

Two things I noticed while doodling along:

first, (maybe a known thing to you, but its news to me !)

the c64 version sprites are different from our version.. they are shorter by 2 or 3 pixels and many little things here and there are off,

until now I believed they were identical, and I was using a c64 sprite sheet for reference.. so yeah more room for me ?

second, in the editor I use (Aseprite), sprites appear wider than they really are (see the example below), so this resolves the whole 'chin' thing !

compare.JPG.f52a2ed019cafe8150ee20bb8c7b0268.JPG

Edited by TIX
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, TIX said:

Two things I noticed while doodling along:

first, (maybe a known thing to you, but its news to me !)

the c64 version sprites are different from our version.. they are shorter by 2 or 3 pixels and many little things here and there are off,

until now I believed they were identical, and I was using a c64 sprite sheet for reference.. so yeah more room for me ?

second, in the editor I use (Aseprite), sprites appear wider than they really are (see the example below), so this resolves the whole 'chin' thing !

compare.JPG.f52a2ed019cafe8150ee20bb8c7b0268.JPG

Thanks for the info on the editor , have been looking for something like that.

Sprites are probably only notably taller on NTSC. On PAL it probably looks more like the Aseprite image.

4 hours ago, TIX said:

Thanks for the support guys,

to be honest I was never a big fun of the black gloves..

the only reason they were there, was to define the hands against the (same color) body...

True. I must say I don't particularly care about his glove, but somebody else brought it up. I understand how you must use different colors to differentiate between limbs and body, similar to Yamo.

I do care about his elvis haircut and horse eyes, though ;) Have you tried  trimming his fringe (short hair on his forehead. I had to look that up, in Dutch it's called a pony, which is not the same as a pony tail) and moving the eye to the front? Thanks for your efforts.

OK Yamo's run/kick sequence, pretty much complete ! I love him ?

Little tweaks left to do, but I'll have to wait to see all the sequences together and then I'll give them a final tune up.

Moving along..

yamo-run.kick7.gif.88c5caa5671ee2187da5f7802683c718.gif

• Like 3

if he took a thin sliver of black out between the forward eye and top hair you would then perceive it as hair forehead and then eye, what you currently see as a horse eye would then equalize in the brains perceptual center as an ear..

Edited by _The Doctor__

8 minutes ago, TIX said:

OK Yamo's run/kick sequence, pretty much complete ! I love him ?

Little tweaks left to do, but I'll have to wait to see all the sequences together and then I'll give them a final tune up.

Moving along..

yamo-run.kick7.gif.88c5caa5671ee2187da5f7802683c718.gif

he looks cute :)

chubby little bugger hahahah

he is so cute i start to fond him? how can i see him fight bruce now ?

LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

if he took a thin sliver of black out between the forward eye and top hair you would then perceive it as hair forehead and then eye, what you currently see as a horse eye would then equalize in the brains perceptual center as an ear..

There isn't a way to do that though, he can't cut pixels in half. The only way is to either make his head a pixel row taller, or get rid of the black pixel that makes his hair "hang" over his forehead/face; which is what I'd do. His head is already really too big for the body.

Edited by Gunstar

I think he really needs the gloves on both hands though, otherwise he looks like M. Jackson wearing one glove on his right hand. The gloved right hand is the only way to see it when overlapping the body. There are some reasons for the original choices here...

The right hand also needs to be two pixels tall like the left hand/fist.

Edited by Gunstar
Typo

4 hours ago, Gunstar said:

His head is already really too big for the body.

True. That has always been the case with all three characters :)  A baby's head is about 1/3rd of his full body length. An adult's head is about 1/7th. I guess they are baby Bruce Lee, baby Yamo and baby Ninja dude :D

Edited by ivop
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

edit nope... there are three scanlines of black in the second picture he has shown.. looks possible

hair skin eye...

I see what you mean, the hair just needs to be made thinner...?

funny thing about video games even on systems and computer of today.. the faces/head are almost always bigger than the body proportionally to height but not necessarily width, they also make certain body parts larger on some of that characters (disproportionately) .. or armor as well...

ok

good news: Yamo's frames are done,

bad news: it seems the black layer doesn't cover the whole sprite.. that means most of the frames don't work as intended ?

no big deal, I have to redraw everything..

AAAAAAAAAARG

Yamo_cry.JPG.fb314b3ce9f46ea7289d8cbf3ab0c66b.JPG

Edited by TIX
  • Like 3