IGNORED

Best PGA Golf Score

Just fired up some PGA Golf today and the best I could do was a 37 (par is 38).  The manual states "A very skilled player can probably play a 32 or even a 30 stroke game with a little luck."  There is no way in HELL that someone could get a 30 stroke game, let alone a 32.  What's the lowest score you've ever gotten?

• Like 1

If you can do all nine holes without having to use your putter you might do under 30.

My best score is 33, done back in 1982/83.  The location of the trees change every time you play; sometimes that helps.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

A skilled player should birdie holes 3, 4, 9 regardless of where the trees are.  With help from tree placement holes 5 and 8 can be easy birdies.  Hole seven looks like a possible birdie but your putter is so week you might as well try and chip it in.  So is a 32 possible without luck with the irons?  You can keep resetting until you birdie hole one and maybe get lucky in a couple of other holes.

• Like 1

One thing I've always had trouble with is judging trajectories and hitting over trees.  PGA Golf is 3D.  With more aggressive play maybe there's an extra stroke or two that I'm missing.

You have to be good to be lucky.  It doesn't take many retries to birdie the first hole and chipping balls in does happen.  I'm thinking that's what gavvv means by hole-out.  Having two of those in one round might bea little lucky.  It's even possible to eagle a hole or two.  If you play enough, like I did in 1982, these things happen regularly.

• 6 months later...
On 7/5/2019 at 12:58 PM, mr_me said:

If you can do all nine holes without having to use your putter you might do under 30.

My best score is 33, done back in 1982/83.  The location of the trees change every time you play; sometimes that helps.

33. Thats really good. I have been playing a lot lately. My lowest score is a 37. I should have shot a 36, but I bogeyed the last hole. My best score in the early eighties was 39 I think.