IGNORED

Intellivision haul videos

Rev

A flea market rekindled my intellivison collecting around 1991.

I picked up a bunch of super pro games as well as hover force, triple challenge, pacman. centipede,defender and few others for $1 each.

I already had a most of the super pro games at that point, but for a dollar each, I got them all.

Then I had to dig out the intellivision again.  I had only been using the C=64 for gaming at that point.  Mostly because you needed 2 people for a lot of intellivision games.

I got to 124/125 in 1996 and actually did buy spiker, but the pcb was cracked :(  I tried fixing it, but no luck.  looking forward to the re-release.

It will be MY complete collection! Yes, Complete, no asterisk. It is a BSR release.  Not a reproduction ;) 

• Like 2

I never seem to find anything retro at all at any estate, Goodwill, Thrift or Garage sales either.  All my collecting has been through eBay which is a toss up.  I did really well with my Tandyvision, and GTE units .. got them on the serious cheap.  But other Sears units cost me plenty.  Hard to find them cheap, not yellow and with original paint still on letters.   

I actually did find many nice stuff 16-18 years ago at a thrift store in Italy, which later sadly closed.

Several Inty consoles, some Atari 2600, a CIB Heavy Sixer included, and less often Colecovision/CBS products. It was full of Vic 20 and C-64 stuff, but I wasn't interested in those at all.

Now those good days are gone, though. Why do bad things happen to good stores?

Chip Shot and WSMLB are nice pickups!  The rest are pretty rare but I never played them really.  I tried to like DK Jr.  But I wasn't a real fan of the Arcade version either.

Put a lot of hours into WSMLB.   I still like the original MLB the best.  But the multi cameras and play by play was awesome for the time.

I used to tape shows off of WPIX 11-Alive in Yew York when I was a kid and had accidentally recorded a commercial for the ECS and it showed WSMLB.

The keyboard was like a giant Intellivison 1 controller with domed keys and same coloring.

This would have been a terrible choice, but damn, I want one!

Wish I had the VHS still.  I even remember the show.. It was "Dig that Uranium"  A bowery boys movie.  

This was a great channel back then..  Honeymooners, Wacky Racers, Deputy Dawg etc.  Oh and PIXX ( space battle, football, soccer etc. )  Soccer, you had to "time" a pass and them shoot. 

I have not seen a video of this on youtube.  But I remember it distinctly. Oh and Space Battle had a PLANE as one of the "space" ships.  I guess it could have been a "rocket" plane.... LOL

Sorry for hijacking...

Fond memories took over.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 1980gamer said:

I used to tape shows off of WPIX 11-Alive in Yew York when I was a kid and had accidentally recorded a commercial for the ECS and it showed WSMLB.

The keyboard was like a giant Intellivison 1 controller with domed keys and same coloring.

I haven't heard of that prototype keyboard before.  So that commercial must not have been this one.  This is the one I remember.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6yfgZGHAg-M

No, not that one.  But that was pretty cool.  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6yfgZGHAg-M

Even that keyboard looks different from the released one to me.  But, old eyes... so I wouldn't bet my life on that.

Back then I re-used tapes so I could "time-shift" like on my dvr now.  Yeah, I'm retro...Haven't cut the cord yet! ;)