IGNORED

Join AtariAge at the 2019 Portland Retro Gaming Expo!

AtariAge will be present at this year's Portland Retro Gaming Expo! We plan on debuting a slate of fun, new games for the Atari 2600, 5200, 7800 and Jaguar! We should have over 20 game systems setup in the booth with demos of new games, as well as demos of games currently in development but not quite ready for release.

The Portland Retro Gaming Expo is one of our favorite classic gaming events, which is why we keep attending!  You'll never be bored, as the show is packed full of vendors featuring tons of classic gaming hardware and software (as well as other related merchandise), a plethora of talks and roundtables, tournaments, cosplay, trading, a great museum, wonderful arcade, video game auction, and more!

I look forward to seeing many AtariAge members at the show!  I already know several homebrew authors will be in attendance, and several other members have informed me they plan on attending.  If you want an AtariAge badge, I'll be making those again this year!  Please stop by the booth and say hello if you're at the show!

We'll start posting details about new games and demos soon so can know what to expect in our booth as the show approaches!  If you plan on attending the show, please post up! :D

..Al

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/14/2019 at 2:15 PM, JagChris said:

Hopefully I'll have that Friday off. If so I can come help set up if needed. 

Thank you!  I'll contact you as we get closer to the show.  My current plan is to have as much setup on Thursday as possible so we don't have to do too much on Friday.  But, things don't always go to plan.  :)

..Al

The first time I went to PRGE was 2017 for the 40th anniversary of the VCS. I had never heard of AtariAge and I had only gotten into retro gaming that summer. When I first saw the AA booth and the Atari 800 (my very first personal computer) up and running, my eyes nearly welled up with tears as I was suddenly flooded with memories forgotten. I am attending this year and the first thing I'll be doing Saturday morning is to visit the AA booth. Looking forward to it!

• Like 5

Just now, socrates63 said:

The first time I went to PRGE was 2017 for the 40th anniversary of the VCS. I had never heard of AtariAge and I had only gotten into retro gaming that summer. When I first saw the AA booth and the Atari 800 (my very first personal computer) up and running, my eyes nearly welled up with tears as I was suddenly flooded with memories forgotten. I am attending this year and the first thing I'll be doing Saturday morning is to visit the AA booth. Looking forward to it!

That's a great story, thanks for sharing it!  My first computer was an Atari 800XL.  Should have an Atari 8-bit computer at this year's show as well, perhaps an XEGS this time.  :)

..Al

• Like 1

On 7/20/2019 at 11:14 AM, DEBRO said:

Hi there,

I had planned to attend PRGE this year but won't be able to make it.

My nephew is planning to attend. I asked him to stop by the AtariAge booth to introduce himself.

Sorry you cannot make it this year!  I'll keep an eye out for your nephew. :)

..Al

On 7/27/2019 at 2:05 PM, Albert said:

Please send me a PM with what you'd like on your badge (name, handle, and/or

location). 

..Al

I tried to send you a PM (on an unrelated topic) and received an error telling me that you cannot receive messages.