IGNORED

Join AtariAge at the 2019 Portland Retro Gaming Expo!

5 minutes ago, toddtmw said:

I tried to send you a PM (on an unrelated topic) and received an error telling me that you cannot receive messages.

Lol. Al maybe you should become a subscriber as one of the many benefits include a much larger limit on messages. ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, toddtmw said:

I tried to send you a PM (on an unrelated topic) and received an error telling me that you cannot receive messages.

That shouldn’t be the case, as I don’t have any restrictions on my account as far as the number of messages is concerned.  I will take a look to see if I can figure out what’s going on.  I have been receiving messages, so not sure why you would not be able to send one. 

1D085911-6512-4559-ABD5-EB160DC6A6CE.jpeg

..Al

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, johnnywc said:

Awesome!  It will be good to see you again Bob!  Now we just need to get @Nathan Strum to go for a full-fledged Lady Bug development team reunion! ;)  

It'll be great to see you guys again and it would be nice to meet Nathan.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Going to spend some time this week testing Atari 2600, 5200, 7800, and Jaguar systems, as well as controllers, power supplies and cables, before I ship them up to Portland for the show.  Also need to dig out an XEGS and keyboard, as I'd like to have one of those available to demo the latest version of Adventure II XE:)

prge_systems_check.jpg

This isn't all of them, but these are the ones I've stacked up so far so I can test them all at once using several 1702s and Paul Slocum's Testcart:)

..Al

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@Albert Any chance Video Music will make an appearance?   BTW, thank you so much for continuing to put together a booth at PRGE.  I know this isn't easy to do, but sure do appreciate it.  I can't wait to walk in and see the giant banners and games. For me, PRGE would not be the same, without AA :thumbsup:

AA.jpg

• Like 3

Just received our first batch of PokeyONE boards!  The PokeyONE is a drop-in replacement for Atari's POKEY chip, which can be used with Atari 7800 games to provide POKEY audio (for games that support the POKEY).  I'm going to make ten copies each of Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest and Super Circus AtariAge for PRGE.  Assuming those go well, I'll get a larger number of these after the show so I can offer the PokeyONE as an option for all the POKEY-based 7800 games (Super Circus AtariAge, Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest, Beef Drop, Pac-Man Collection, and Froggie).

image.png

..Al

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Albert said:

Just received our first batch of PokeyONE boards!  The PokeyONE is a drop-in replacement for Atari's POKEY chip, which can be used with Atari 7800 games to provide POKEY audio (for games that support the POKEY).  I'm going to make ten copies each of Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest and Super Circus AtariAge for PRGE.  Assuming those go well, I'll get a larger number of these after the show so I can offer the PokeyONE as an option for all the POKEY-based 7800 games (Super Circus AtariAge, Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest, Beef Drop, Pac-Man Collection, and Froggie).

Awesome! I'd been thinking about getting sacrificial POKEYs for some 7800 games... now I may not have to. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished making 10 copies each of Super Circus AtariAge and Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest using the new PokeyONE POKEY replacement board.  Boxed copies of these games will be available at PRGE at a reasonable price (considering the PokeyONE retails at $40). 

PokeyONE_Boards.jpg

PokeyONE_Games.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Omega Race said:

Are you going to be selling the AtariVox+ for those of us that want to get Wizard of Wor?

No, but I plan on having them available when Wizard of Wor Arcade and the other new games are available in the AtariAge Store later in November.

52 minutes ago, Omega Race said:

Glad you're going to make it again this year, you're the main reason I'm excited to go this year!

Glad to hear you enjoy the AtariAge booth, thanks for the kind words.

..Al

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2019 at 12:53 PM, cd-w said:

I really enjoyed PRGE and the AtariAge booth was spectacular!

It was great seeing you at the show, glad you were able to make it!

On 11/16/2019 at 12:53 PM, cd-w said:

I see that tickets for PRGE 2020 are already on sale - will AA be there again?

Not sure at this time.  The show has moved from the end of October to the middle of August, which may end up conflicting with a trip I've already been planning.  Won't have a better idea until early in the new year.

..Al