IGNORED

LTO Flash help

56 minutes ago, Steve Jones said:

Make sure the usb cable you are using is a data cable, there are some that are only for charging devices that look physically the same

Yeah I'm using the cable that came with it. Pretty sure it's a data cable and not just a charging cable... 

11 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

I'm having issues with my new LTO Flash. Exactly what drivers should I re-install for Windows 10 Pro? I'm asking because my LTO Flash Software is not detecting my LTO Flash cart...... :( 

I trick to get around the win10 issue is to place the LTO flash program on an Sdcard and runi t from there.Depending on how may hard drives you have the Sd card will probably show up as 

Removable Disk (E )

Double LEFT click on the (  E : ) drive

Now Double LEFT click on   LTOflash.exe

This should work 

4 hours ago, rietveld said:

I trick to get around the win10 issue is to place the LTO flash program on an Sdcard and runi t from there.Depending on how may hard drives you have the Sd card will probably show up as 

Removable Disk (E )

This should work 

I don't have an SD card. I'm using a laptop. I wouldn't even know where to put that, but more importantly are you saying that the LTO Flash has a known error using Windows 10 Pro? Meaning this will not work regardless of what LTO Flash cart I get? 

2 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

I don't have an SD card. I'm using a laptop. I wouldn't even know where to put that, but more importantly are you saying that the LTO Flash has a known error using Windows 10 Pro? Meaning this will not work regardless of what LTO Flash cart I get? 

Nope , never said that.  

I mostly use Linux Ubuntu 

I tried to use my wifes win10 laptop and found the SD card worked 

But you can also load it up on Linux using WINE

12 minutes ago, rietveld said:

Nope , never said that.  

I mostly use Linux Ubuntu 

I tried to use my wifes win10 laptop and found the SD card worked 

But you can also load it up on Linux using WINE

Were you able to get it to work (meaning did the LTO Flash software recognize the LTO Flash cart) without using an SD card on your wifes laptop? Or did Win 10 cause an error like what could be happening with mine? 

7 hours ago, rietveld said:

Removable Disk (E )

This should work 

Does the Sd card just go into the USB drive? Thereby making it an E drive? 

1 hour ago, Rickster8 said:

Were you able to get it to work (meaning did the LTO Flash software recognize the LTO Flash cart) without using an SD card on your wifes laptop? Or did Win 10 cause an error like what could be happening with mine? 

The win10 laptop would not lauch the LTO prigram but it worked perfectly when I used the removable storeage