IGNORED

Format blank ST image file help

Well that's a few things worked out in Steem SSE 3.9.4 i was able to create a blank ST file and format it okay

Next was to  place the blank formatted ST file in HXCFE_file_selector_V1_89 whist using using software HxCFloppyEmulator Manager v1.46 and  FlashFloppy firmware 2.13 on this GoTek drive

Next was to load Mercenary - Compendium Edition in STX file format using HxCFloppyEmulator v2.1.24.1 on to real hardware my Atari1040STE which was successful (supposedly i'm TOLD STX files emulators only and this can't be done)

Once in game using the drive select mod switching too GoTek drive and using slot were  blank formatted ST file is

I was then able to make a game save file in ST format on the GoTek drive slot using CRTL and S  perfect

Using the same game save file  on the GoTek drive i was able to load the file CRTL AND L perfect

In a nutshell it's sometimes possible to load STX  files on real hardware and make game save files in ST format that can be saved and loaded ?

Edited by 256 colors

3 hours ago, 256 colors said:

And those 4 files are formatted?

I really should stick to what said - ignoring 256 colors totally. What a pitty ungrateful man, with so basic questions - most would be just embarassed to ask such things.

He thinks that there is need to format ST image file in emulator ?

Btw. what is STX - I never heard about that ?

People are not blind here they can see your super arrogant rude and sarcastic attitude when help is asked for

So just clear things up any newbies new to all Atari ST topics should be embarassed  to ask for help nice piss poor attitude

As for me being a  ungrateful man i have thanked you and others on more then one occasion nice short memory you have

Shame you can't cover your tracks because plain for all too see also have fun wiping egg of your face concerning STX files

Edited by 256 colors

You did not thank really. You took arrogant and ridiculous attitude about modern TVs - based on what ? On some silly writings, and maybe that some TVs are real crap. Well, I never buy cheap, untrusted HW, Flash cards and like. And I have positive experiences with 95% of it.

Most of what you ask could find answer after 50 sec googling and little experimenting by need.

I posted you ST images - just need to unpack them to your Atari folder and copy files on them - via emulator or some disk utility SW or whatever. But no, you come with really insulting question - insulted my helpfulness and your own intelligence.

36 minutes ago, ParanoidLittleMan said:

You did not thank really. You took arrogant and ridiculous attitude about modern TVs - based on what ? On some silly writings, and maybe that some TVs are real crap. Well, I never buy cheap, untrusted HW, Flash cards and like. And I have positive experiences with 95% of it.

My opinions on some modern TV'S monitors is based on my own user experience with brands and research and feedback from the internet

In no way was my so called arrogant and ridiculous attitude personally directed at you as you have done before towards me 

Most of what you ask could find answer after 50 sec googling and little experimenting by need.

I posted you ST images - just need to unpack them to your Atari folder and copy files on them - via emulator or some disk utility SW or whatever. But no, you come with really insulting question - insulted my helpfulness and your own intelligence.

That's my freedom of choice as the same for others here 

I choose to use Google for my questions or forums if have a problem with this or find it insulting ether ignore it or we can contact the moderation team here and have your attitude problem adjusted

Whilst i appreciate you are very talented in your software works and projects good manners and politeness cost nothing you shown very little so far

You once stated "your done with me" so give it a rest a stop contradicting your self

Edited by 256 colors

And it's my freedom to write opinion about some members here. And I really do it only when someone gone too far with bad behavior, or just forgetting self. Like guy couple years ago, who got sufficient help, then started to ask for something what everyone can do self.  Help means not that others should do everything instead you.

You got images - then completely unnecessary question. And other, long post, what held even clear lie - about what was told here about STX images.

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/292731-netusbee-usb-basic-setup-help-for-storage-please/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-4303506

That I done with you means not that I will remain silent after your shallowness and lies. Your experience with TV-s ? Seriously ? You can not perform simple thing with floppies, directories and so on - but you can judge which TV is good for retro computing ? You should really look in self . It's not freedom of choice, that's rather elementary culture in communication.  You are who is not polite. I saw many people like you at diverse forums. Just because you have right to write means not that you are right. 

And, if you care about your reputation, pls. change thread title.

59 minutes ago, ParanoidLittleMan said:

And it's my freedom to write opinion about some members here. And I really do it only when someone gone too far with bad behavior, or just forgetting self. Like guy couple years ago, who got sufficient help, then started to ask for something what everyone can do self.  Help means not that others should do everything instead you.

Like i said if you don't like it ignore it what bad behavior like me trolling you prove it

You got images - then completely unnecessary question. And other, long post, what held even clear lie - about what was told here about STX images.

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/292731-netusbee-usb-basic-setup-help-for-storage-please/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-4303506

Nobody cares about your dribble

That I done with you means not that I will remain silent after your shallowness and lies. Your experience with TV-s ? Seriously ? You can not perform simple thing with floppies, directories and so on - but you can judge which TV is good for retro computing ? You should really look in self . It's not freedom of choice, that's rather elementary culture in communication.  You are who is not polite. I saw many people like you at diverse forums. Just because you have right to write means not that you are right.

shallowness and lies

I never said once i was right about anything

Shallowness and lies again prove it

And, if you care about your reputation, pls. change thread title.

You don't get too tell me anything what i should do like a demand or a stated fact even with pretty please

Care to explain to us why it's only you with the attitude problem here

I asked about formatting blank ST images in this thread and snarkdluG repiled without getting angry upset or feeling insulted so the problem is with your attitude plain for everybody to see

Anybody else i asked or requested help from as no problem even 6BQ5 offered to format the USB  key for me totally unexpected and i'm very grateful

I'm not surprised you have user name ParanoidLittleMan when you act like a pedantic king dick creep

Edited by 256 colors

Steering back to the positive ... :)

What is the largest practical *.ST floppy image size possible? Using Hatari I created a 3MB floppy image file. Could a GoTek or other floppy emulator read and write to a file this big? Or, are there size limitations? A 3MB floppy is really big to me. Consider I am still using real floppy disks while my drives are still alive. ;)

I haven't tried this but am curious about it : could a program like JayMSA running on real hardware read a 3MB *.ST floppy image and extract files?

There are diverse limitations:

1. FAT12 can max 2 POW 12 = 4096 clusters = 4 MB .

2. Physical limit of DD floppy - what includes Atari FDC chip, DD drives  is about 900 KB

And that would be max what you can with regular ST, STE, floppy drive.

3. With Mega STE, TT, Falcon and ST(E) can access HD floppies - so about 1.8 MB max - don't know is Gotek able for HD .

Or with HD floppy mod in ST(E) .

4. There were ED floppy drives and disks in past - what means again 2x more, so near to 4 MB per disk. But that needs computer with special floppy controller unit.

Now, there is possible in theory to have ST images with some 30 or more sectors/track. And this was already discussed here. So, I don't think that you need JayMSA . You should try to open that 3 MB ST image on Atari (with attached Gotek or HxC) - assuming that it is regular FAT12 .  TOS is flexible with disk GEO, so something like 80 tracks, 2 sides, 34 sectors per track may work. Idea to try with JayMSA is good too - but I don't think that it supports so large capacity.

I created some pseudo floppy images of such size, but that is used as Virtual Floppy, from mass storage - and TOS is OK with it. So, again - try just to open such image, and try write on - like Save Desktop.

I don't have a GoTek or any other floppy emulator so I can't try the *.ST image file with that.

I did try opening my 3 MB floppy image with JayMSA. The program did not recognize the format. Then I created a new image with 85 tracks and 18 sectors per track. This is the HD option in Hatari. The image was 1.5 MB (as expected). JayMSA had no problems opening it and extracting the file.