IGNORED

To the US extremes in a Model 3

SpiceWare

@WadeAndersonPT is in the middle of a 2 month roadtrip with Eve, his Model 3, where he plans to hit the extreme points of the US.  

Here's a map of his route from an interview he did with CBC News:

wade-anderson-extreme-points-around-the-u-s.thumb.jpg.c2b698e26bb6ba0bc88fb44db20bb58f.jpg

His YouTube channel for TeslaSocial.com is posting daily updates for his trip. He's posted through Day 12 so far, here's the first one:

• Like 1

Very cool, thanks for the links! 

I plan on driving my Performance Model 3 to Portland for this year's Portland Retro Gaming Expo, and the car will probably be packed to the gills.  It'll be much nicer driving this compared to the cargo vans I usually rent (although I did drive the Model S up there at least once).  On the way back I'll go down through California, probably do another Tesla factory tour, visit some friends, do some fun things in the Bay Area and Los Angeles, then head east where I'll stop in Moab (or somewhere) to get some epic mountain biking in while I continue home.. 

It'll be interesting to see how much of a penalty I'll take in the P3D.  I don't expect to get anywhere near the 310 miles advertised range.  I'll probably take the roof rack off before the trip. 

..Al

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

He's tweeted a lot of neat photos up in Alaska, such as this one under the Alaska Pipeline.  The radiators that stick up keep the ground frozen:

Because most of the pipeline was built above permafrost, each of the pipes holding up the raised sections of pipeline contained a sealed tube of ammonia. As the permafrost below the pipeline warms, the ammonia absorbs the heat and rises to a radiator on top of each stanchion. The ammonia is cooled by the outside air, condenses, and falls back to the bottom of the tube, where the process repeats.