IGNORED

TI-99/4A Dragon's Lair Beta Cart

Tursi

When I did the sales run, I promised I'd initial and sell off the beta cart, which I made before the final run to take up to a convention in San Jose and show off. Well, turns out EBay doesn't like betas, so it was suggested I try it here!

What I've got here is the beta cartridge for the TI-99/4A, the original proof box, and I threw in the postcard and posters that all the final releases got as well. Pictures of the actual unit are below. There's only one and will only ever be one.

We'll try silent auction. I've not done this before, but bear with me. Just DM me your best offer. I'll check back in a week (Sunday the 14th) and best bid gets it. (So... do you want to be notified if you're outbid? That's not very silent but seems more fair?) 

Please don't bid in this thread, that'll just get spammy for everyone. :)

The cart:

- It's rough, at least on the inside. The flash chip was soldered and desoldered multiple times. However, at the moment it runs! No long term promises, but if it does die on you I can probably resurrect it. ;)

- Shell is labelled "BETA" and initialed by me in gold sharpie.

- Has the modern style label attached

- Game does NOT support keyboard mode (both options are joystick, despite what the screen says - keyboard mode hadn't been coded yet), some scenes have timing differences and may have graphical errors.

The Box:

- Is much rougher. It was folded back and forth several times so I could see how well it worked

- I folded it to the retro side to differentiate it from the shipped carts

- At the winner's preference, I can replace it with a new box, since there's no real difference. One or the other, NOT BOTH. ;)

Postcard and posters:

- one postcard, two of the same poster rolled opposite ways.

- no difference from the shipped ones as they're from the same stock

20190701_224422.thumb.jpg.d662d02cce849c5462fed97d2dce20db.jpg20190701_224531.thumb.jpg.ccc61651c3b5af6b2861a508b134b3bd.jpg20190701_224456.thumb.jpg.232dd6d4d5ed3d618107200f65069eb7.jpg20190701_224521.thumb.jpg.b5bf85a1b79f905854cfaff3f7d9f3c7.jpg

20190701_224531.jpg

• Like 9

• 1 month later...