IGNORED

Yamo Revenge - work in progress

Yaron Nir

As a second Bruce Lee spin off I have started to work on a new game called 'Yamo Revenge'.

Game is written entirly in CC65.

The game is under the wraps but I can share the title screen I have been playing with:

image.thumb.png.24a00fa8d71a37010b73d21c39c151c7.png

And here is an xex to see the entire screen title animation:

what do you guys think?

main.xex

Edited by Yaron Nir
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Ah, this explains your interest in TIX's enhanced sprites ;)

When we used to play Bruce Lee BITD, once all of us could finish it, even without help in 2-player mode, we started to play it in 2-player mode and actively hinder the other player :D  Finally Yamo got some of his pride back :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ivop said:

Ah, this explains your interest in TIX's enhanced sprites ;)

When we used to play Bruce Lee BITD, once all of us could finish it, even without help in 2-player mode, we started to play it in 2-player mode and actively hinder the other player :D  Finally Yamo got some of his pride back :)

Yes hopefully TIX will join this project :)

BL 2 players mode was my favorite , back in the day I used to fight the ninja together with my friend who played Bruce ?

On 7/9/2019 at 7:39 AM, Yaron Nir said:

Yes hopefully TIX will join this project :)

BL 2 players mode was my favorite , back in the day I used to fight the ninja together with my friend who played Bruce ?

of course I'm in ?,

for sprite design only  !

• Like 2

On 7/8/2019 at 2:42 PM, Yaron Nir said:

As a second Bruce Lee spin off I have started to work on a new game called 'Yamo Revenge'.

Game is written entirly in CC65.

The game is under the wraps but I can share the title screen I have been playing with:

image.thumb.png.24a00fa8d71a37010b73d21c39c151c7.png

And here is an xex to see the entire screen title animation:

what do you guys think?

main.xex 5.79 kB · 52 downloads

Being a C programmer, I'd love to buy a tutorial in e-book form (or shit, I'd pay for a notepad txt file) on how you make a game and use the Atari capabilities using CC65. 

9 hours ago, Yaron Nir said:

Calling graphic persons here.

8 hours ago, TIX said:

of course I'm in ?,

for sprite design only  !

@TIX: You could make a tutorial of how to make sprite changes, and what programs do you work with, I think there are a lot of guys interested in to make changes in several games. I've used Omnivore to make some hacks, but it's quite limited, only black & white and entire rows, some characters are inverted and it's very difficult to make a change. So hopefully you can publish a tutorial of your talent...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jefffulton said:

Being a C programmer, I'd love to buy a tutorial in e-book form (or shit, I'd pay for a notepad txt file) on how you make a game and use the Atari capabilities using CC65. 

No need. I will create a beginner tutorial for you and post it here on Atari Age forum.

Will probably prepare it next week as I am currently traveling 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 7/10/2019 at 2:38 PM, Yaron Nir said:

No need. I will create a beginner tutorial for you and post it here on Atari Age forum.

Will probably prepare it next week as I am currently traveling 

That's awesome. No rush though. Be it would be really nice to able to make some A8 games in C for sure! 

40 minutes ago, ZylonBane said:

Unless yamo is an adjective, the title should be "Yamo's Revenge". Or are you going for the intentional Engrish thing?

I was lazy the charset I am using doesn’t have the ‘ and I didn’t want to draw that so I didn’t include that 

probably will add it

On 7/10/2019 at 7:01 PM, jefffulton said:

Ok, as i was trying to write a CC65 beginner tutorial I came across with this:

https://github.com/cc65/wiki/wiki/Hello-cc65!

Here you have anything you need to start developing for the A8 using CC65 (C language)

feel free to ask anything in AA forums or PM me.

• Like 2