IGNORED

could i get hooked up with a Genesis controller -> atari 7800 mod in the future?

chewy

thank you- looked that up.  read here on forum that pole postion ii is for 2 button, on the list of 7800 2 button games- 

-id probably pick up eventually one of those modded 7800's w/ the RCA outs- would make it easier to hook up in my current setup

thats so good to know, so good to know.  Also i have another q: i understand it that there is no 7800 harmony cart-- well then like why does Atariage have the roms up on the site, are there people downloading roms and putting them thru their 7800s some how

also i do -not- want to dump my light 6'r and "upgrade"- besides my 2600 harmony cart probably has some roms that dont do as well in the 7800 if all ive read up on it serves me right something should fall into that- and besides i like the woodgrain look it matches the table it is on.  (and the whole atari thing for me and i think many is probably centered more on the 2600 as compared to the 78)

On 7/8/2019 at 11:01 PM, chewy said:

It isnt always the system- i mean the recently released 2600 Galaga absoutely blows away graphically the 7800 vers im watching on youtube now---

I would say no... how so? The less colors or washed out sprites on the 2600 version? It is an accomplishment for sure but it is not even comparable to me. 

The 2600 can not handle it at all. 

ok ill take what u say i was just watcing youtube vids when you im sure have actually played and seen it- i guess ive developed a 'soft spot' for the vcs style graphics so i find the colour selections more pleasing at first glance 

Edited by chewy

hey i actually see what u mean- "washed out colors" on the vcs compared to the 7800-- the 7800 one looks more bright and vibrant when the vcs colors are more "muted"-- but very unique, this although maybe not as stunning as the arcade, gives the vcs a unique look

• Like 1

I would say most 7800s on the bay likely would work and just aren't tested due to laziness of the seller, or perhaps they haven't a way or the knowledge to connect it to a modern TV to at least see if it works to some degree. Even the ones that might not work are usually something simple like the power switch. 

• Like 1