IGNORED

making sprites

do I use a sprite editor or can I make the sprites on the 800 with data statements? I'm am trying to make a small train with chocolates. We run a candy business so I wanted to make something akin to that. any help would be appreciated

the tracks go right, down and left to the castle, get a chocolate (hearts) and goes back.

here is the completed code: image.png.4b1a37c8cd0fd6176e462b26237a06fa.png

Edited by Samuel Pedigo
  • Like 1

"It plays fine, but it is just STUPID. What is it about, anyway?"

why is it stupid? It is meant to be a concept demo for now as I want to expand it into a game later. it's simple, guide the train to the castle and back, avoiding obstacles and hazards. exactly how is that stupid? It's meant to be a playable game made just for our business. I never expected to be met with such a rude response. maybe I was wrong to ask for help

6 hours ago, Samuel Pedigo said:

do I use a sprite editor or can I make the sprites on the 800 with data statements? I'm am trying to make a small train with chocolates. We run a candy business so I wanted to make something akin to that. any help would be appreciated

the tracks go right, down and left to the castle, get a chocolate (hearts) and goes back.

here is the completed code: image.png.4b1a37c8cd0fd6176e462b26237a06fa.png

train.avi 23.58 MB · 9 downloads

You can use this excellent online sprite editor :

http://www.playsoft.co.uk/aplayed52.html

it will give you the ability to export to data statements in basic asm and c

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That tool uses the .apl extension.  You want to “save” or “save as” so you can retrieve the sprite later.  To create the data to use in your program, choose “list” and it will save  a text file that you can open and extract the data you need.  Use notepad or your text editor of choice.   Keep two separate files: the .apl and the .lis.  The tool does not provide a way to load from the .lis file.  

• Like 1