IGNORED

The Sauces of War... Salsa of World?

WAVE 1 GAMES

1894492190_goodnews.jpg.91869c09f8a260d79e43c6976b980d20.jpg

I did some poking around on the internet and found a file corruption fixing program that worked great!

The name of the program is called RECUVA and can be found here:

https://www.ccleaner.com/recuva

1932846483_ReCUVAexaplme.thumb.png.82ae3bf659a4834ee1392ccf734fa073.png

911041409_recuvainfo.thumb.PNG.62e64da8ab31f074cb79581d1644d02b.PNG

So Saucer Wars is back in business. Enjoy the impromptu binary release :)

Edited by WAVE 1 GAMES

I almost forgot to announce the Saucer Wars comic book that will come with every copy of the game. In a joint effort with Jason Greene a.k.a. T2KFREEKER (former head of lost Jaguar game project Metro Blaster) we are producing a nice comic book to tell the story of Saucer Wars. Below are some samples of what is to come. This is pen and ink before color will be applied.

received_493789177845974.jpeg

received_1272608066236105.jpeg

Edited by WAVE 1 GAMES
  • Like 1

1142302224_COMICPAGESAMPLE.thumb.jpg.6704b0529ccf6f251bbf1812774e13ba.jpg

I have YET ANOTHER cheap USB capture device because my old one stopped working and this one is worse than the last one. Please forgive the low rez grainy video quality. (Its really bad, you can't even read Shields and energy text) Perhaps Saturn can upload a better video of the NON PUBLIC Beta E with the proper resolution.

Below is a second attempt at capturing video from the new build using the usb devices 720P up-scaling feature. It does look a little better, but not much

Edited by WAVE 1 GAMES
  • Like 1

Had a chance to play this briefly. A lot of improvements but I found moving side to side, you can avoid a LOT of the interaction with enemy ships. Also, while moving side to side, sometimes saucers randomly appear or disappear. Will play more thoroughly later during the week. Great stuff! The sound while the abducter is jacking a human is a nice addition.

• Like 2

I did some playing with it last night and also liked that you amplified the sound of the abduction of the humans. Prior to that I never even heard the sound until I turned the volume way up then I heard it. Also enjoying the addition of the wave change screens. The addition of a shield helper ship in Wave 2 was great to help get through it. Tho the ships are super skinny and move by really fast always shooting at me and seem to get me everytime actually! Great updates and work so far on this newest Beta man!

• Like 1

This is one of those games where when you get home,take off your shoes,have a cold one, and pop in the game to unwind to.

No having to read a 50 page manual or use very damn button on a pad. Sometimes the brain just wants simplicity after a long day,yaknow? Just good oldschool shooting fun. This seriously brings a smile to my face because its giving me abit of a SubRoc vibe from ye old Colecovision days in the early 80's. Can you add a few ground enemies attacking from the bottom of the screen though,maybe firing off missiels at you? That would be pure insanity while youre fighting off those ufo's as it is. I know the game's already quite a ways into its development so its probably too late. Regardless though,You're doing a great job,please take my money soon??

Edited by PhoenixMoonPatrol
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

The past week has been all about the comic book that will be included with the game. I have been charged with the task of applying color to Jason Greene's (T2KFREEKER) black and white ink comics. Here are 3 of the 8 pages that I have already colored. For somebody who doesn't know a damned thing about comics I think I did a pretty good job so far. I will have an update on the actual game this weekend.received_400364060626797.thumb.png.0db4ad1c76748cfb0c32b7aba6b0fdcc.png

received_2414549488659232.png

received_2311394238971780.png

• Like 2