IGNORED

Colecovision HSC Season 12 - Round 24 - Pitstop

5:05.  NCG is right:  you should do your pitstop on lap 4.  I usually did it on lap 5 and you just waste more seconds refueling.  On lap 4, your tank will fill up sooner and you still have enough to finish and your tires are good to last you the rest of the race if you don't bump too much.  Shaved my pit time from 24-30 seconds down to about 20-24 seconds by pitting on lap 4.

Pitstop semipro le mans 9 laps 5-05.jpg

• Like 1

Aghhhhhh - been trying to play this with the driving controller via emulation.  So frustrating - holding the foot pedal down seems to be read like rapid fire and so trying to negotiate the pits is nigh on impossible.  Lost valuable time in the pits this game because of this.  I wonder if this is the same on a real CV (unfortunately both of mine are down for mods and maintenance)????

Well, at least I beat my last time.

I do think this game is let down by the unrealistic bumper car action.

Pitstop [Semipro, Le Mans, 9 laps]:  6:18

image002.png.693a0fc484a82944fbb83163c1618564.png

• Like 1

That is by far my only gripe with this game, the bumper car crap. Other than that, this is good game. I have been pondering a scoring system for timed games such as this. I don't see anything regarding timed games in the rules. I was thinking like this:  

1st- 100 points

2nd-  94 

3rd-   88 

Etc. etc. I was going to do five less for each place, but I think six will do.  Thoughts?

Getting better but will try next time with just a standard controller.  The driving controller steering wheel is nowhere near as responsive in this game as it is in Turbo (not that I'm any good at Turbo either - lol).

Pitstop [Semipro, Le Mans, 9 laps]:  6:01

image003.png.98be364293ed6e0c92357af078ee8a1b.png

Edited by Ikrananka

Fascinating thread, I'll have to join you guys some day.  

For the comment about the frustration of playing Pitstop with the regular controller as opposed to the Driving controller,  unfortunately I cannot recall exactly why back in the day but I do remember I did play pitstop using the regular controller.  Perhaps for the same reason?

• Like 1