Sign in to follow this  
Isaiah Austin

Atari 2600 Crazy Climber (DIY Label Artwork)

Hello, everyone! Since I'm new to the forums, I don't really know where to put this topic at (oh well 😜). A couple of months ago, I was reading through an old AtariAge magazine (Volume 1, Number 5, Page 2), and I saw an advertisement for the Atari 2600 Crazy Climber cartridge for Atari Club members. I had noticed that the cartridge's label in the picture was totally different than the one that was released. I thought that it would be cool to see what Crazy Climber would've looked like in this label style, so I decided to make my own label and here it is! It was kind of a quick project that I did, but I think it looks cool!

711037755_Atari2600CrazyClimberLabel(Main).thumb.jpg.8a1418d5d9163d22fb7f0ebd9dd62724.jpg

446141074_Atari2600CrazyClimberLabel(Top).thumb.jpg.2dbc04199b4d83347e39177ad3812221.jpg

Credit: http://labelmaker2600.com/

Edited by Isaiah Austin
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

Much nicer than the label they went with.  I’d always hoped an original label would surface. 

Thanks, Atari_Bill! 😊 I'd want to put this label and the ROM on AtariAge's custom cart to see what it would look like (since I don't have the original cartridge yet).

Edited by Isaiah Austin

On 7/11/2019 at 5:35 PM, Atari_Bill said:

Much nicer than the label they went with.  I’d always hoped an original label would surface. 

It's been redone as a black label many times over the years. I'm sure with some poking around you will find the same style label posted by other AA users right here on the forum.

6 hours ago, Shawn said:

It's been redone as a black label many times over the years. I'm sure with some poking around you will find the same style label posted by other AA users right here on the forum.

I've never seen any so far, and that's why I posted this topic in the first place.

On 7/11/2019 at 3:19 PM, Isaiah Austin said:

Thanks, Atari_Bill! 😊 I'd want to put this label and the ROM on AtariAge's custom cart to see what it would look like (since I don't have the original cartridge yet).

If you do that, I hope you keep it and not sell it on ebay.

Isaiah Austin was looking to get this label on a custom reproduction cart as anyone reading this thread understands. So I offered to make it for him to fill his want. After he agreed to the price of $30 shipped and I sent him the invoice via paypal (because I refused to take cash in the mail from him) he backed out stating he didn't actually have the money. All fine and dandy but I had already printed and die cut the label to build his cartridge at that point.

So if anyone wants one of these I have one to sell for $25 shipped.

2 hours ago, Shawn said:

Moderators can still see what you edit\delete away just so you know for future consideration.

Sorry about that, and I apologize for any inconvenience. The message was about me trying to send a PM to you for a picture and gameplay of the cartridge. Thanks for letting me know for future reference! 😊

Edited by Isaiah Austin

On 7/18/2019 at 3:22 AM, Shawn said:

Isaiah Austin was looking to get this label on a custom reproduction cart as anyone reading this thread understands. So I offered to make it for him to fill his want. After he agreed to the price of $30 shipped and I sent him the invoice via paypal (because I refused to take cash in the mail from him) he backed out stating he didn't actually have the money. All fine and dandy but I had already printed and die cut the label to build his cartridge at that point.

So if anyone wants one of these I have one to sell for $25 shipped.

Go ahead and ship the game to him and get back to me. You will not be disappointed Shawn does really good work. 

• Like 2

Are you kidding me?!? Why would Captain_Combat do something like this for me? Besides, Shawn probably wouldn't want to deal with me after what had happened before.

Edited by Isaiah Austin

On 7/19/2019 at 12:34 PM, Isaiah Austin said:

Are you kidding me?!? Why would Captain_Combat do something like this for me? Besides, Shawn probably wouldn't want to deal with me after what had happened before.

No not kidding but it’s up to Shawn unless you have someone else in mind to put the game and label together.

10 minutes ago, Captain_Combat said:

No not kidding but it’s up to Shawn unless you have someone else in mind to put the game and label together.

If you are footing the bill I don't care where it gets sent :)

6 hours ago, Captain_Combat said:

Yes send it to him then invoice me. I thought he burned a couple bridges 🌉 with you. I never saw the edited out comments.

Yes he did.