IGNORED

DIY Alien Brigade cart?

light1up

Has anyone figured out how to make a playable Alien Brigade cart for NTSC. I just want to be able to play the game on original hardware with a light gun. Since no one seems to be making a 7800 flash cart anymore and NTSC carts are scarce options seem limited. Can a pal copy of the game be converted or maybe a copy of crossbow since it seems to be the same size rom? If so what all would be required and how hard would it be to do? Bradley at Best said this would be the place ask questions. I was told he didn't know if the Pal version would work properly with the Euro OS upgrade. Any suggestions or advice greatly appreciated. Thanks

The PAL version will not work on an NTSC machine even with the "Euro OS". By converted from a PAL copy, if you mean opening it up and replacing the PAL rom with an NTSC eprom, then yes that would work. That could also be done with any 7800 game\pcb which supports the same bankswitching mode as Alien Brigade if you didn't want to chop up a perfectly good PAL copy.

5 hours ago, sixersfan105 said:

This all seems like a lot of work for a game that last sold cart-only on eBay for $41, and $30 the sale before that. Just pony up "the big bucks" and spring for a cart on eBay. It's a great game and is well worth having in the collection. 

The label on that one did have some issues though. One with a mint label would be more towards $50 I think. With no NTSC copies on the bay right now I guess if you are not willing to wait $30 for a repro isn't too bad. Myself I'd wait for the next retail copy to come along though if I wanted it for anything more than just to play.

1 hour ago, light1up said:

Ad says 32k or smaller 7800 game so I don't think that will work but I do thank everyone for letting me know. I put in a WTB here on the site and I'll look around some more. Thanks

Contact Al.. I am pretty sure it does not matter.