IGNORED

UNO for the Ti99?

Plastik

2 hours ago, Vorticon said:

Great! Could you post a dsk image by any chance?

it's on the blog but I'll post it hereuno.zip too. have fun. and if you find an  error, let me know.

it's LOADs with the KXBII package to get the multi-color text. See my blog on more of the KXBII package.

includes manual.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, jrhodes said:

Kinda off topic, but i can't see starting a thread for it:

Was a Skipbo game ever made for the 99?

While i'm at it: How about DOS, the "sequel" to UNO?;)

I never knew there was a sequel, love that it's called DOS I'll have to check it out.

4 hours ago, jrhodes said:

Kinda off topic, but i can't see starting a thread for it:

Was a Skipbo game ever made for the 99?

While i'm at it: How about DOS, the "sequel" to UNO?;)

Never heard of either game, I'll look into them. I enjoy programming games of logic & luck.

speaking of card games, I working on Mille-Bournes card game. It's another translation from a Atari 800 game I did years ago.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hloberg said:

Never heard of either game, I'll look into them. I enjoy programming games of logic & luck.

speaking of card games, I working on Mille-Bournes card game. It's another translation from a Atari 800 game I did years ago.

When I get time I'll have to read the wiki, the rules seem pretty deep. Might also get me into a wiki-hole of card games.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Plastik said:

When I get time I'll have to read the wiki, the rules seem pretty deep. Might also get me into a wiki-hole of card games.

Wiki makes it sound worse than it is. I play the 2 player version, simple to program.

9 hours ago, hloberg said:

Love Mille Bornes! It was my favorite game growing up and still have a copy of it. I can envision an AI algorithm for it that could play a mean game. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Mille-Bournes is a very fun game.  Back in the day, Loadstar published a version of it called 1000 Miler for the Commodore 64 that I played a lot (and still play in emulation).  Some of the rules were slightly changed, and it graphically depicted the hazards and the race, but it was quite fun at the same time.  Seems like it could be done in Extended BASIC pretty easily with some modifications for the resolution of the 99/4A.  It something I’ve thought about trying to do since the 64 version is written in BASIC.  The graphics are of course all POKEs and whatnot, but the logic of the game is in BASIC.

3 hours ago, Vorticon said:

Love Mille Bornes! It was my favorite game growing up and still have a copy of it. I can envision an AI algorithm for it that could play a mean game. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

well, I guess then I better finish it. :) And yes, the Atari version I have does play a mean game.

Oh, I still have my Mille Bornes cards too.

• Like 2