IGNORED

For anyone trying to complete an XEGS collection...

Referring to the "complete" set of blue box XEGS-branded games, of course. Two of the harder to find games are both CIB on eBay right now in auction-style listings: Choplifter and Into the Eagles Nest. I put this post here instead of in the Auction Central section of the forums so that a more targeted audience would see it. I've already got them and they're certainly not my listings, but if you need 'em, now's your chance to snag 'em!

Choplifter: https://ebay.to/2JudXEh

Into the Eagles Nest: https://ebay.to/2Jw6MLX

• Like 1

Hmmmm,

I gave away the Choplifter XE cart. to my friend and kept only the 16k Broderbund cart. Regarding the prices/auctions on ebay for Choplifter XE, it looks like he is rich now! Who would have thought, that some of the XE carts would score such high prices someday. Hopefully one day Brad or Bruce or Lance do find another pallet of Choplifer, Summer Games, Karateka, Crystal Castles or Into the Eagles Nest cartridges in their warehouses and then the price for these carts come down again...

Yikes, yeah, I woke up to find that Choplifter had sold for the equivalent of just over $400 USD. Wild. And that's for complete in box, not even sealed. Sorry to hear you gave your copy away :(

As recently as about a year ago (maybe a little less), Lance still had some remaining NOS Choplifters that he was selling for $125, but it's my understanding those are gone now.

Into the Eagles Nest sold for a much more reasonable $125 equivalent. That's actually a decent price, as I've seen it go for more CIB. 

I've not kept up with the market, but are there really some XEGS carts that are going for over $100?

I bought 4 NIBs a few years ago and just cracked open one of them as I was going to use the shell for something else.

Remaining ones I have unopened are Battlezone and Archon.  Blue Max I removed the shrinkwrap.

Actually, as of recent, all of the 400/800/XE/XL cartridges seem to be rapidly rising in price. Not sure I understand why. Disappointing.

I have what I consider to be a large selection of carts because I love the physical carts, but with these prices I think I'll just stick with my SIO2PC, UNO Cart, AVG Cart, SDrive-Max, etc. units to play.

• Like 1

Honestly, no. This would appear to be the new normal for XE "blue box" games. I've been tracking some of these harder to find games for a while now and continue to be amazed. A sealed Karateka sold for $515 plus $20 shipping this past November. Donkey Kong XE I've seen go for $150-200, and hell, you can still get that through Best.

I've noticed the price increases, too.  I settled on making my own reproductions of the harder-to-find XE blue-box titles, and the easiest route used to be to pick up a loose Bug Hunt or Flight Simulator II "donor" cartridge, which I could regularly find for under $10 shipped.  Now, those cartridges usually cost at least $15, not including postage.

• Like 2