IGNORED

I'm the first on the internets to break 180k in NES Marble Madness

mbd30

I've been trying to do this for a couple years, but I've always choked whenever I had the opportunity. I finally did it. This was with one wand in stage two.

183k is about as high of a score as possible with the best wands and a near flawless run finishing with 79 seconds on the clock.

FRtFInc.jpg

Edited by mbd30
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

I've never gotten past the Silly Race stage... and even so I've only gotten to that stage once. Did you use the standard controller or an NES Advantage? I play using the Advantage because it feels better.

Standard controller. I don't own an Advantage.

I've developed muscle memory for playing with the standard controller so I wouldn't want to use anything else.

Marble Madness was one of my favorite arcade games back in the day, and the NES version is one of the better home ports.  Even then, I've only ever been happy enough to actually complete the game, let alone with any braggable high score.

All this to say, very nicely done!

1 hour ago, FujiSkunk said:

Marble Madness was one of my favorite arcade games back in the day, and the NES version is one of the better home ports.  Even then, I've only ever been happy enough to actually complete the game, let alone with any braggable high score.

All this to say, very nicely done!

Thanks.

In order to get the high scores in Marble Madness you just have to hold A most of the time, take the hard path such as the pistons in the aerial race, and not die. You also need at least one wand for 180k. Another high score trick is breaking the black marble in the beginner race for a thousand points. It's actually possible to break the black marble fairly consistently.