IGNORED

Blade Runner 2049

12 hours ago, Zogging Hell said:

The enormous Atari logo scene seemed to be missing from the actual movie though, unless I blinked and missed it.. :(

You blinked. It was in there. In fact, I think the Atari fuji, from the original movie, was harder to spot. I never noticed it when I saw it in the theaters but when I purchased the comic book, which I still have ?, it was in there.
It wasn't a bad movie. It won't replace the original Blade Runner but it was a good follow up.

Edited by Justin Payne
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Justin Payne said:

You blinked. It was in there. In fact, I think the Atari fuji, from the original movie, was harder to spot. I never noticed it when I saw it in the theaters but when I purchased the comic book, which I still have ?, it was in there.
It wasn't a bad movie. It won't replace the original Blade Runner but it was a good follow up.

Ha, not sure how that happened, I wasn't a massive fan, and probably dozed off during that moment (think I was just waiting for Harrison Ford's cameo performance). For some reason despite all the CGI it didn't look as convincing or spectacular as the original (to me anyway). Still it was better than those Star Wars sequels.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2019 at 12:08 PM, leech said:

I really liked 2049.  Of course it's a proper sequel rather than a remake, which makes it all that much better.  Since remakes generally suck.  For example, Total Recall just made me want to watch the original with Arnie.

Yes, I don't get 'remakes'.  I mean, you have the original (which as you point out are generally better anyway)...must be a quick and easy money maker for the studios.  I stay away from them like the plague.

On 7/25/2019 at 8:54 AM, Ayreon said:

R.I.P Rutger Hauer

RIP. Was sad to hear about this the other day.  The original was so groundbreaking and Rutger was amazing in it.  Didn't hurt that as Atari fans, we had the iconic Fuji logo in it also.

2049 is a fantastic film. And the producers insisted upon having the Atari logo appear in the film from the get-go. They also banned logos from any company that didn't exist back in 1982 when the original film was made. Their attitude was that in the Blade Runner universe, Atari in the year 2049 is even bigger than Apple in ours [in 2017 when the film came out].

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The two scenes that made it for me is where he takes his holographic girlfriend outside in the rain after the upgrade and the holographic Elvis concert scene while they're fighting. They could have cut down on some other things that ended up making the movie much longer than it needed to be but overall I was satisfied with it enough to have seen it 3 times now, as it's rare for me to watch most movies more than once.

The lighting was much more forced or noticeably so I felt, as they tried to stay true by matching the original in that regard but it was almost painful in parts... like why are you trying so hard!

On 8/8/2019 at 12:53 PM, Clint Thompson said:

The two scenes that made it for me is where he takes his holographic girlfriend outside in the rain after the upgrade and the holographic Elvis concert scene while they're fighting. They could have cut down on some other things that ended up making the movie much longer than it needed to be but overall I was satisfied with it enough to have seen it 3 times now, as it's rare for me to watch most movies more than once.

The lighting was much more forced or noticeably so I felt, as they tried to stay true by matching the original in that regard but it was almost painful in parts... like why are you trying so hard!

The run-time helps to encapsulate the viewer into that world. To quote Tarantino - who does the same thing - it should be considered a "hang out" film. You're hanging out with the characters in their lives...