IGNORED

LTO Flash Transfer Program Problems

daldude

I'm having problems with the LTO Flash Transfer Program. It's Not correctly showing what is on the LTO Flash Cartridge, it's not showing all the directories that are on it and when I try Get From LTO it still does not properly show what is on my LTO Flash. Because of this I can not add the new game I got because I'm afraid it will erase anything on my LTO Flash that is different than what the transfer program says is what is on the cartridge. I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting the LTO Flash Cartridge and changing USB Ports and trying the Find LTO Flash Cartridge but nothing works, still does not show the correct contents of the cartridge. I even tried shutting down my computer completely by selecting Shutdown and not reboot.

They provide No support on the LTO Flash Webpage. Just a FAQ that is useless.

Completely Aggravating and frustrating. ?

I’m traveling and cannot easily try to replicate what you describe.

Which platform are you using? Mac or Windows?

There is an option to preview what will change that uses icons to show what will be added, removed, or changed. Additions show a green plus icon, removals show a red x, changes a yellow triangle. 

Recall that the cartridge can ‘remember’ where you started your last game from so when you start on the console you may be in a subdirectory, and the UI does not show that. 

Also when you connect the cart to the UI software it may show an icon if it recognizes differences between the cart and the UI. It depends on preferences that you can change.

Also, the UI is not a “live” view of the cart.  If you make changes from more than one computer then there will be “drift” between the computers. 

A photo and / or screen shot can help. PM me if that’s preferable. Please understand I’m traveling with intermittent connectivity. 

I have a small problem too.  When I try and install the update I get a message that I am already installing it so I can't continue. Anybody know what I need to reset before the update will work or do I need to uninstall and start over?  If I save the most recent backupdata file can I copy that and restore setting from it after uninstall/re-install?

LTO problem.jpg

13 hours ago, mr_me said:

Have you tried restarting the computer.

Yes, but I tried it again, and then again, and on the fourth time it worked. Install Wizard did tell me that my Asus Gestures is only partially installed for at least one of the users so maybe that was getting in the way. 

Anyway, all is well, my install worked, thanks for the help and I hope I didn't cause anyone undo alert.

26 minutes ago, mr_me said:

And with newer windows, "shut down" does a form of hibernation but "restart" does a proper shutdown.

Huh,  I did not know that. I usually use shut down wit a few minutes and then turn on the system. I did not do this time, I just kept restarting but I will keep that n mind. 

Weird. That looks like something in the guts of the Windows installer system complaining there.  Some applications may have install phases that have to run when the system restarts and poke magic bits into the Windows Registry to do that... Or at least in the mid-late 90s installers used to do that sometimes.... Not sure about those details these days.