IGNORED

Computer Reset warehouse: anyone heard of it?

xabin

Apparently, there is (or was) a place in Dallas, Texas called Computer Reset that had a ton of rare retro computer stuff. I'm not sure if it's still available, it looks like it is, but it's more open to a select few, probably need to get permission to get into it. Has anyone heard of this?

• Like 5

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 10:05 PM, xabin said:

Apparently, there is (or was) a place in Dallas, Texas called Computer Reset that had a ton of rare retro computer stuff. I'm not sure if it's still available, it looks like it is, but it's more open to a select few, probably need to get permission to get into it. Has anyone heard of this?

That was a cool video!  I used to work at IBM in The Netherlands 1995-1999 and saw several familiar items (OS/2 Warp) and some other machines.

If you ever come to The Netherlands you might like this museum: Bonami (old computer and old game computer museum), Zwolle, The Netherlands 

Here are 20 videos, but videos are not the same as walking around in the museum, amazing collection:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, globeron said:

That was a cool video!  I used to work at IBM in The Netherlands 1995-1999 and saw several familiar items (OS/2 Warp) and some other machines.

If you ever come to The Netherlands you might like this museum: Bonami (old computer and old game computer museum), Zwolle, The Netherlands 

Here are 20 videos, but videos are not the same as walking around in the museum, amazing collection:

It's highly doubtful we'll be able to make a trip that far, but after seeing Ashens' mystery box videos at the place, my boyfriend is interested in checking out the Center for Computer History in Cambridge, UK.

Edited by xabin

I've been in Dallas for 20+ years and never heard of it.  I even went through a phase where I was looking around for old dealers and this one didn't come up.  I DID go to some place in Arlington that had stacks of old Commodore and PC stuff probably about 12 years ago, but it was super overpriced, and I never went back.  That place also didn't guarantee anything, the were trying to sell used batteries.  I arrived wanting to like the place and left sorta hating them.

Others in the area seem to know about it though:  https://www.facebook.com/events/2275900895798377/

• Like 1

That other place that closed was called Electronic Discount Sales.  They had this pile of stuff around the store that they referred to as a "museum" that was basically a bunch of untested classic hardware.  Apparently the guy who runs (ran) Computer reset got a bunch of stuff from them when they went out of business.

• 4 weeks later...

I just found out about it a few weeks ago by accident and it looks awesome.  Seems news of its existence is going viral lately.  The final story (as of summer 2019) is that you can still go, but you need to join the F.B. page to get details about what days and times it will be open (which appears to typically be Saturdays from about 9am to 3pm), and there is only a few days notice for the openings.  The items seem to be mostly personal computer (PC, MAC, very late 80's to mid 90's) related stuffs, but there are reports of all kinds of computer equipment being found.