3 members have voted

1. 1. Is the ground breaking too fast?

• The ground breaks too fast - no way to complete the level
    • The speed is ok.
    • Make it faster. This is sooo booring.
  2. 2. Did you get to the chopper?

• Yes. Of course!
    • Not a chance.
  3. 3. Do you need more health kits? Damage slows you down.

• Yes. Please add more health kits on the path.
    • The current number of kits is ok.
    • No. Real players don't take damage. Reduce number of kits.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

In the upcoming Lynx 30 years competition I would be a little interested in the difficulty level. Just so I get the game speed right.

Here is a small snippet where you have to run right to get to a chopper. The area is becoming full of pits that cause damage.

Can any of you guys make it? Or is the ground collapsing too fast.

In order to have a walk-through you can press Opt1 to become invulnerable (007, 077 or  777 - different developer modes) - allows you to walk all the way to the chopper. Just so you see what to area looks like. The chopper will wait at the letter H most right.

chainreaction.thumb.png.b8a4fa4df39f5801f2ea87da44ed00c0.png

onduty.lnx

I tried and tried and died and died :D

My 2 cents: Set a constant running speed. At the moment running is quite disturbing. The fact that the player starts fairly slow and then accelerate to an insane speed make the game rly difficult imo. (I played on handy).

10 hours ago, LordKraken said:

I tried and tried and died and died :D

My 2 cents: Set a constant running speed. At the moment running is quite disturbing. The fact that the player starts fairly slow and then accelerate to an insane speed make the game rly difficult imo. (I played on handy).

Thanks. The problem is that as a programmer I get blind to my own games.

The max speed is now reduced to half and obviously the breaking ground speed also. Otherwise the task would be impossible.

Please use this version for your polls instead of the original one.

onduty.lnx

It helps.

Reaching the chopper on 1st try is not good. Hmm...

I could create the scenery without spear traps close to the center of damage. Then you could run a bit at full speed to get some distance before the damage starts catching up.

The pro's is that I could then speed up the damage wave. It could also be a good thing to add logical obstacles like buildings, trees instead of traps.

So many choices.

Thanks for trying this out.

Your game remember me a little bit of chaos engine (you might remember that one too :)).

I think if you could get the same feeling with controls and movements it would greatly help to adjust the difficulty :)

Edited by LordKraken
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe a bit late, but I just came back from hollidays.

If I don't sprint like a stupid rabbit to the right, I go through the level pretty each time, with lot of remaining time.

My 2 cents :

- the sprite legs animation is probably too fast while running

- I have the impression to go faster up and down than right and left

For these 2 points, it is better when you are a bit injured, feels more natural (but maybe the horizontal scrolling is a bit boring)

- if you go down, you can easily go through the level (just be careful with some grounds, but once you get some injuries, it is easy to avoid them because the game is slower), may be put some more obstacles like the trees at the end of level.

The collpsing ground sprite is not clear, especially for existing ground the first time.

But the overall feeling (sprites, ambiance, gameplay) is good, and this is a really nice level, can't wait to see the full game in action.

• Thanks 1