IGNORED

Mathy's MyDOS page

toddtmw

Hi.

@mathy's MyDOS page only seems to offer downloads in .arc format. I downloaded a .arc utility and it wouldn't unarchive it.

Can someone please point me to a utility that will work with the .arc files? (Mathy has a file that is supposed to do it, but my browser thinks it is a media file.)

@Mathy, would you ever consider posting .atr files on your site, rather than .arc to make it easier for people to use MyDOS? (Or is this one of those tests where if you cannot figure it out on your own, you're not worthy?) ;)

Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Okay. That is helpful. But, if I am running off of a clean windows install and just want to use Respeqt to boot into MyDOS, I have to load Altirra to convert it to .atr.

It just seems like it would be easier if the official MyDOS page had an .atx version on it.

I have a copy I am going to keep handy for me, just thinking it might be more user friendly for others to offer .atr versions.

Hello toddtmw

Way back when I started my internet site, ATR's weren't commonly used.  And most of us didn't have the amounts of memory that we have today.  So I used .ARC.

Unfortunately, it seems that "ARC" moved on to be something different from what it used to be.  Best way to unARC the ARC files on my site is to use the SuperUnArc utility on my special stuff page.  SuperUnArc and SuperArc were written by Bob Puff way back when his main business was "Atari 8 bit", so these files should be run on an Atari 8 bit computer or an emulator that behaves like one.

I'm not familiar with ATX.  And converting all the Atari 8 bit files on my site to ATR... 

Sincerely

Mathy

Here are the ones I was able to convert to atr's. Some were dcm's which I've converted if I could, others were folders full of files, I didn't do those. 

All untested

BM301318.atr BM301419.atr MD453_3.atr MYD_3013.atr MYDO4534.atr MYDOS307.atr MYDOS308.atr MYDOS312.atr MYDOS318.atr

• Like 2

On the PC one may use Free ArcIZ ArcPea Zip and some other packer/depacker programs to unpack ARC files. (Mac users may use The Unarchiver to depack them.) On the A8 SDX can unpack ARC and of course Super Unarc by Bob Puff can unpack them.

Edited by CharlieChaplin