IGNORED

HSC16 Round 12: Frogger II:Threedeep

On 7/17/2019 at 7:15 PM, therealbountybob said:

Some F23D info from previous HSC rounds:

nor this:

"There are nine levels in all. "

A couple of us reached level 7 last time! Can we get a bit further? Probably not ?

I don't remember anyone getting to level 7 last time we played this

Edited by therealbountybob

Yes Level 7 - It was real news from when we were good :D

OK here are the first tables

FROGGER II: THREEDEEP

1st   McKong                      87,575  12pts
  2nd   therealbountybob            78,764  11pts
  3rd   Deteacher                   60,394  10pts
  4th   RedThunder                   7,286  9pts
  5th   jblenkle                     6,800  8pts

Bonus Challenge #1
  1st   therealbountybob            14,023     1pt

Bonus Challenge #2
  1st   therealbountybob             6,500     1pt

See first post for bonus challenge info, let's see some scores!

Getting close to McKong's score... 86,525 just need to keep it together to beat level 6!

172606435_F23D86525.jpg.36def7c23f45334e3902b594a3164ee6.jpg

I switched over from my (t)rusty quickshot to a stiffer comp pro stick for this game to make it harder to jump in the wron g direction or have a rebound jump :)

Still pondering about the extra frogs: when the score hits 10k there is the noise and usually there is the stork on the 3rd screen, I had all the lives so couldn't collect it at 30K other times it's not there at 30k. Looks like level 4(?) the plane alternates with the stork for a couple of goes then it's gone. If you lose a man the extra man goes. I guess the skill is to get the extra man when you need to do a 3rd screen berth :ponder:

• Like 1

latest tables

2nd   therealbountybob            86,525  11pts
  4th   carlsson                    16,789  9pts
  5th   Sikor                       15,508  8pts
  6th   RedThunder                   7,286  7pts
  7th   jblenkle                     6,800  6pts

Bonus Challenge #1

1st   Deteacher                   14,715   1pt
  2nd   therealbountybob            14,023  

Bonus Challenge #2
  1st   therealbountybob             6,500   1pt

See first post for bonus challenge info

VOTES PLEASE EVERYONE: Round 13 POLL OPEN ?‍?‍?‍??

53 minutes ago, roadrunner said:

I'll try to post a score today :) 

Gr

great rr ?

We will E-X-T-E-N-D this round and the POLL until 10am TUESDAY Morning so have a go at the bonus challenges folks ;)

I've had a couple of 80K goes but not improved, need to jump that dragon on skill 6.

Bonus challenge #1 15,029 (will post photo later)

@slx - at first just wait for the dragon to pass and hold up, you usually reach a bird before it gets across. When you master it you can get some butterfly bonuses first on the right edge of the screen. On later rounds you need to anticipate where the lower birds will be or jump over the dragon L to R so start somwhere in the middle or left of the screen.

latest tables

2nd   therealbountybob            86,525  11pts
  4th   carlsson                    22,065  9pts
  5th   Sikor                       20,078  8pts

6th   Mangia-Boy                   7,665  7pts

7th   slx                          7,442  6pts
  6th   RedThunder                   7,286  5pts
  7th   jblenkle                     6,800  4pts

Bonus Challenge #1
  1st   therealbountybob            15,029    1pt

2nd   Deteacher                   14,715

Bonus Challenge #2
  1st   therealbountybob             6,500   1pt

See first post for bonus challenge info

VOTES PLEASE EVERYONE: Round 13 POLL OPEN ?‍?‍?‍??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, McKong said:

I had a few goes, starting on level 3, to try to find a strategy for level 6 cloud screen. I failed!

Did you manage a super bonus on level 4+ ? I had one but I think it gave me it for all the pads (not going into the boat). 

I also twice have been on the mother duck near the right side of the screen, it's started to flap up to the sky level but I guess the original frog postion over the ducks(?) has scrolled off so it does the crash at the edge of the screen but still goes onto the sky ok (didn't see if it took a life off)

Improvements in very small steps now. I tried to play level 1 as per bonus challenge #1, and managed a meager 7690 pts on clearing first level in one man, trying to maximize my score. Obviously I know rather little about how to maximize the score since that is 1/2 of what TRBB and Deteacher obtained.

Frogger II - 23552 pts (final score, reached as far as last time)

frogger2-23552.thumb.jpg.4f7eb1a9bcd7f5deb2acb4e379da0d33.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, therealbountybob said:

Did you manage a super bonus on level 4+ ? I had one but I think it gave me it for all the pads (not going into the boat). 

I also twice have been on the mother duck near the right side of the screen, it's started to flap up to the sky level but I guess the original frog postion over the ducks(?) has scrolled off so it does the crash at the edge of the screen but still goes onto the sky ok (didn't see if it took a life off)

Yes I thought I did. On my 87k go I got all 3 superbonuses on level 4 and I think at least 1 on level 5.

There are a surprising number of bugs in this game. I managed to get the frog to completely disappear once on the first screen.  I'm not sure I remember  exactly how it happened though.

• Like 1

That's a nice thing about the bonus challenges, we all get to see what's what!

I put a few hints on the first post but scoring is boosted more by the bonuses than the timer:

Underwater: farm the bubbles low down until time gets low, give yourself enough time to redo the screen if you accidentally hop on a log instead of the berth.

On the water: SUPER bonus is essential - every time for levels 1-3 at least. Get all the lilly pads!

In the air: butterflies on the right side is the best way but I only get a few as usually not worth the risk.

@McKong - level 4 the one with the long line of pads at the bottom, are you coming back for them or getting them all first?

15 hours ago, therealbountybob said:

That's a nice thing about the bonus challenges, we all get to see what's what!

I put a few hints on the first post but scoring is boosted more by the bonuses than the timer:

Underwater: farm the bubbles low down until time gets low, give yourself enough time to redo the screen if you accidentally hop on a log instead of the berth.

On the water: SUPER bonus is essential - every time for levels 1-3 at least. Get all the lilly pads!

In the air: butterflies on the right side is the best way but I only get a few as usually not worth the risk.

@McKong - level 4 the one with the long line of pads at the bottom, are you coming back for them or getting them all first?

Getting them all first

• Like 1