IGNORED

Wanted: Common Atari 2600 and 7800 Cartridge Shells

Albert

• 1 month later...
On 8/7/2019 at 3:45 PM, jefffulton said:

Albert. I have at least 20 copies of video olympics and combat each ? 

Are you still looking?

Sorry, I completely missed this when you posted it a month ago. 

Yes, I am still looking!  If anyone has common 2600 or 7800 shells they'd like to part with, please take a look at the first post in this thread and drop me a line.

Thanks!

..Al

I've seen that auction, but I bet I'd only be able to use a small percentage of the cartridges in that lot.  There will be many third party 2600 cartridges, and one of the photos shows a box that has 5200 carts.  So, no way to know what percentage are even 2600 games.  And I guarantee a ton of the cartridges would be in poor enough condition that I could not be able to use them for homebrews.  And finally, if the cartridges are shipped as shown in the photos, that is, with no packing material to pack the games tightly in the boxes, they will accrete (further) damage by rubbing against one another during transit. 

..Al

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Just now, TwoShedsWilson said:

There is a store near me that sells all their Atari games @ $.99 and then buy five get one free. They have a basket full of Combat alone.

Would that be helpful at all?

Yes, especially if you're able to examine them first and only choose carts that are in good physical condition, are clean (this is pretty important as it's really difficult to remove dirt and stains from the textured surfaces), and don't have any permanent markings (nail polish, paint, marker, etching, etc.)  Don't want any Pac-Man carts, as most of those have horrible glue that's difficult to remove.  Also, most stores I've gone to are willing to work out a deal if you buy a large batch of carts like this, especially common 2600 carts that they cannot give away..

Thanks,

..Al

• Like 1

Just now, Albert said:

Yes, especially if you're able to examine them first and only choose carts that are in good physical condition, are clean (this is pretty important as it's really difficult to remove dirt and stains from the textured surfaces), and don't have any permanent markings (nail polish, paint, marker, etching, etc.)  Don't want any Pac-Man carts, as most of those have horrible glue that's difficult to remove.  Also, most stores I've gone to are willing to work out a deal if you buy a large batch of carts like this, especially common 2600 carts that they cannot give away..

Thanks,

..Al

I'll go there tomorrow and see what I can come up with. I'd be willing to clean them up them up too.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Albert said:

Bumping this again, as I can still use more 2600 and 7890 shells. One of my goals in 2020 will be to have new shells made so I no longer need to do this!!

Thank you,

..Al

Well, the timing of this is good; as I was just wondering where or even if I should post this (I did not want to spam the forums with 'Hey! Look at this auction' links).

But this one might be right up your alley? From the looks of it I would say it is a Game Traders clearing out all their 2600/5200/7800/Odyssey 2/Intellivsion/Colecovision cartridges.

You might be able to nab it for a good deal? Even though most of this is probably not shells you can use, it does look like there would be a fair bit of standard 2600 games in the lot (the 7800 ones might be of use as well?).

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Huge-Lot-of-Atari5200-2600-7800-odyssey2-colecovision-Games-Manuals-Inserts/124027969059?hash=item1ce0a49e23:g:tPUAAOSwsmdeCi-E

*EDIT* I did a quick count and it looks like around 127 loose standard 2600 cartridges in the lot.

Edited by Tavi

• 3 weeks later...