IGNORED

Jaguar HSC_SEASON 11_ROUND 10

post-38373-0-34056300-1560173724_thumb.jpg

Jaguar HSC__SEASON 11__ROUND 10

(Round Over Sunday 7/28/2019) ROUND COMPLETE

Image result for Jaguar Power Drive rally

RULES AND DIRECTIONS:

Power Drive Rally Times:

-Start a game of Power Drive Rally in single player mode, using whichever car you want and can afford. Use saves, reset to save money. Get as far in as you can (Weeks 1-8, races) and post an image of the final round/track number you can make it to and can't get past (for example: Week 3/Day 4). OR your final game screen for beating the whole game.

link to manual:

https://atariage.com/manual_thumbs.php?SoftwareLabelID=1103

If you are not familiar with the Jaguar HSC general rules and how the scoring system works, please visit this thread here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/282235-jaguar-hsc-season-11-rules-regs-and-scoring/  It is recommended that you take a photo of your score, but it is not required. We go on good faith here, so please be honest.. icon_smile.gif

Power Drive Rally Times/Scores:

1. Nuclear Pacman                      COMPLETE!  $149,250  +10 Points

2. Machine                                 Week 7/Day 4               +8 Points

3. doctor_shred                          Week 6/Day 5               +6 Points

4. Major Havoc 2049                   Week 6/Day 3               +4 Points

5. Hyper_Eye                             Week 5/Day 5                +2 Points

6. travistouchdown                     Week 3/Day 4                +1 Points

The Current Jaguar HSC Rankings: 

1. doctor_shred               74 Points

2. Major Havoc 2049        56 Points

3. Machine                      49 Points

4. Nuclear Pacman           48 Points

5. travistouchdown           28 Points

6. masematte                  19 Points

7. PFG 9000                     14 Points

8. Hyper_Eye                   14 Points

9. Punisher 5.0                  8 Points

10. jblenkle                       6 Points

11. Darrin9999                  5 Points

12. CyranoJ                       4 Points

13. roadrunner                  3 Points

This is one of the very first games I bought for the Jag. The store owner told me the game sucks, but being a huge MicroMachines fan, I grabbed it anyhow. Boy, am I glad I did, such a fun(but difficult) game. I am looking forward to playing this one!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Nuclear Pacman said:

How are we playing this one? Can we save the game or is it get as far as you can in a single session? 

I don't want to save to milk the best score, but rather to manage time. This game is huge.

Yes you can save!  I'm picking up where i left off this weekend.

The real challenge is to get as deep into this game as possible; sort of like with did with Val D'Isere.  I'm guessing a Skills Challenge track is going to stop me at some point...lol

• Thanks 1

Week 3, Day 4

My thumbs were sore as hell so had to take a break; this one seems like a tough track.  Aiming to get deeper into this game before we wrap up this session.

Very good game; which can be very hard.  Really happy to get deeper into this one than i have in the past!

IMG_20190721_223541.jpg

• Like 1

COMPLETE!

$149,250

PowerDrive1.JPG

PowerDrive2.JPG

This game is pretty fun until that last race, oh my god. I must have restarted 50 times. You have to have almost a flawless race. You can't bump into too much stuff, and it's 5 laps. It was infuriating to say the least. I've beaten this before, but I forgot all about the last race.

• Like 2

So, as with many Jaguar games, Power Drive Rally has game features that are useless, or underutilized. For instance, course records. Not only do you not receive a cash bonus for breaking a course record, the game doesn't remember that you beat any course records. There's no benefit to making a perfect run.

Next, the premise of cash winnings. Upon victory, you receive a cash pot. Half of which is siphoned to 'enter the next race', the remainder is used to fix your car. The only strategy with your pool of cash is determining when to decide that you will not fix your current car, because you are about to upgrade to the next car level. Also, having to pay a large cash amount to enter a race could have been a decent encouragement to do well in the game, if it wasn't for the fact that you can save your progress after every race. I say the 'enter the race' cost is pointless.

And that leads to upgrading cars! So, when you upgrade your car, the computer gets an upgrade too. What the hell is the point? Each car upgrade only goes a few kph faster than the previous version, but it's effectively neutered since the AI is always on equal footing.

The power ups are basically a joke, let's be honest. You can get packs of $250 cash, or a time stopper that lasts maybe 5 seconds, and a nitro speed boost. Do I need to point out the obvious? OK why not. The cash? Eh...as with all 3 power ups, they are almost always out of the way, and $250 isn't worth it. You'll crash and do damage to your car, that will cost you at least $250 to repair after the race anyway.

The time stopper, well you'll probably crash or slow down or go way off road to get it, causing damage to your car, and costing you more than 5 seconds it took to get it in the first place.

Don't let me forget about the speed boost! Every single speed boost will send you careening into a wall or a blockage, doing damage to your car, and probably causing you to stop for a bit, the opposite of what I want in a 'speed boost'

This game is still the best driving game on the Jaguar. The graphics are good, the controls are good, and the level design is good. But think about how sweet this could have been had the extras been given a bit more thought before being implemented. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nuclear Pacman said:

This game is still the best driving game on the Jaguar.

I like this game but... the best driving game? Is Super Burnout not considered a driving game? That game is awesome. I think World Tour Racing is pretty good as well.

Great round guys!  I'll get the next round up sometime today.

I didn't have time to revisit this one and get any further this weekend as I had a friend over for a game night; but this has given me a newfound interest in the game for sure and i do plan to play it some more and would definitely like to beat it someday.

Thanks to all who participated; great scores/progress all around! 

20 hours ago, Nuclear Pacman said:

Oh man Machine, you almost made it!

I actually was 20 feet from the finish and on the last turn I lifted up on the gas and when I put my thumb down, I hit the reverse button along with the gas. I was able to get it back in drive and time ran out with me 5 feet from finish line...   ?

After that, I gave up and decided to repair some 5200 controllers.  :)

• Like 2