IGNORED

Need help with repairing

shiz

I bought a Intellivision a while ago but the controllers don't seem to work exactly. Side buttons and membrane have been cleaned but I'm not really sure if they are broken or not pressed well enough, the d-pad doesn't seem to respond at all. Any way to fix this? Also is there a way to make the RF signal better? It's a bit too faint.

On 7/15/2019 at 6:00 PM, mr_me said:

What model intellivision?  Are you getting passed the titlescreen?  Is there any correct response from any controller input?  What cartridges do you have to test with?

First model, PAL. I'm using the LFO flashcart. It does react to some buttons but it's hard to select anything.

You'll need the "enter" button or a side button to start a rom file from ltoflash.  Put one rom file and no folders to make it simple, PGA Golf would be good for testing.  Do you have any regular cartridges?

If nothing works, you can try unplugging one of the controllers for testing.

Regarding the faint signal, your TV could be tuned slightly off, or the master clock crystal in the intellivision could be out of tune, and probably other possible explanations.

Edited by mr_me

On 7/17/2019 at 2:04 AM, mr_me said:

You'll need the "enter" button or a side button to start a rom file from ltoflash.  Put one rom file and no folders to make it simple, PGA Golf would be good for testing.  Do you have any regular cartridges?

If nothing works, you can try unplugging one of the controllers for testing.

Regarding the faint signal, your TV could be tuned slightly off, or the master clock crystal in the intellivision could be out of tune, and probably other possible explanations.

I tried but now I can't see anything. On my CRT it's just all kinds of snow but none of which you can tell what's happening. How common/uncommon are those French RGB Intellivisions? I'm thinking of taking one of those instead of having to deal with this shit.

20190718_160733.jpg

Yes, that's a flash.  Seems like it got worse since you first posted.  Most likely the intellivision is getting correct power from the power supply board.  You can check voltages with a voltmeter.  You'll find specs here.  https://console5.com/wiki/Intellivision

Some pal/secam/rgb intellivisions have a lot of extra circuitry between the stic and video out.  You can visually inspect it all.  I'd start with the voltages coming to the main board.

Edited by mr_me