IGNORED

Spy Visits Spy BBS Is Finally Up and Running

Spy Visits Spy BBS is finally up and running although the dial up line you have to connect at 2400 baud with Forem ST, I don't know why but that is the way it is.

An explanation of the theme:

It is back in 1985, we are revisiting 1985, everything is as it used to be back in 1985, the BBS time is set to July 15, 1985 and updates itself as it is running. The file section is the secret briefcase, rules? NO RULES , I hate rules, just keep it civil , almost anything goes, I have 12 separate message bases, and have 2 phone lines, have successfully tested it with my 8 Bit Atari and my PC, it works good with both, there is a new phone number that is 24/7 , it is 1-226-647-0501, tomorrow telnet will be added at 99.250.141.63 , port 23.  I am backing the whole system up right now and installing 12 door games on the PC into the forem directory, then zipping them, and transferring them back to the ST, it all takes time. I have customized about 50 percent of the menus, there is ST graphics, I don't know much about 8 Bit graphics but I want to add that.

As for file sections , I have to set that up, a lot of work , but hey the more work I put into the BBS, the better it will be , the whole thing will be Spy themed, for those of you who don't know what Spy Vs Spy is, look up Mad Magazine , Alfred E Newman, that is what the whole thing is based on. 

You guys can call it after midnight EST , it is 4:31 PM here , it will take me that long to finish it, mainly the door games , I am concentrating on that first rather than files as you can get files anywhere, but good door games are harder to find.

If anyone knows anything about setting up 8 bit graphics files on the ST, can you send me some sample files so I know how to encode them? Also Ansi graphics...

I will be running the BBS on a 16 port RS232 server, I will be getting it on Thursday, so watch out for it. Russ

Edited by rcamp48
Update