IGNORED

I have THREE Lynxes that won't power up!

Albert

Check every single part from the battery connectors to the the 3 diodes after the power jack.

1) Check if the batteries springs make contact (there can be oxide)

2) check if the 2 wires that go from the bateries to the PCB are ok

3) check the wire that connects the two lines of batteries too

4) check if inserting and removing the power supply plug in the new power jack (no need to have tension on the power supply), it switches to DC and to batteries. You can check this because one of the two modes shorts one of the three diodes after the jack. Check the schematics to identify which one (or check all of them ? ). Hope you know how to check a diode with a multimeter.

My Lynx II works with batteries but doesn't work with the power supply.  I got a new Chinese knockoff power supply because my Atari one has died, but it still doesn't want to power up off the wall power (the power supply works, I tested the voltage).   This would seem to indicate that the power jack is broken somehow.

My Lynx I doesn't seem to want to power up with either batteries or a power supply, so I assume there's something really wrong with it. 

17 minutes ago, arcanehacker said:

I think you need to clean up that film for the buttons. That's what happens to mine. I have to get to that electronic film where the buttons are. Use alcohol to wipe it down the whole strip right to the connector. You only need to wipe one side as the other side doesn't expose the signal tracks. 

I can try that for the Lynx 1 that wont power on, but the Lynx 2 powers on just fine.