IGNORED

FS: NES to Famicom controller adapters

Bratwurst

I have three available, $35 each plus shipping.

Custom assembled and tested by myself: enables the use of Nintendo NES controllers and other peripherals on the Famicom through the expansion port. Zapper works on Player 2. The NES ports are fitted together in a 3D printed housing to replicate the original orientation of the NES system for things that might use a double plug (like the Advantage, etc.) DB15 cord is 5.5 feet long for convenient extension. I don't make these often so if you want one, better get it now.

Be aware that some Famicom games are not programmed to work with NES accessories, just as some NES games are not programmed to work with Famicom accessories.

Edited by Bratwurst
  • Like 2

It will not, the NES Vaus uses data lines D3 and D4 of Player 2 for the USA version of Arkanoid, while the Famicom Vaus (and Japanese Arkanoid I and II) utilizes D1 of Player 1 and Player 2. You would be able to play the USA Arkanoid rom on a Famicom Everdrive with the NES Vaus of course, and this carries over to some other accessories being exclusively compatible with a specific region's software. The NES and Famicom Powergloves use different pinouts too if I recall right, and Famicom games handles four player games differently than NES specific software with the Four Score.

In August I had a stroke. I am able to play some classic games, but have a hard time with others due to the inability to press the fire button quickly with my right hand. Would you be able to fit an Atari Jaguar controller with a rapid fire mod? Or would you be able to relocate (somehow) small buttons to the left side I could access with my left hand, while still using it to control the D-pad? Perhaps behind the controller. Thanks 

5 hours ago, RREDDWARFF said:

In August I had a stroke. I am able to play some classic games, but have a hard time with others due to the inability to press the fire button quickly with my right hand. Would you be able to fit an Atari Jaguar controller with a rapid fire mod? Or would you be able to relocate (somehow) small buttons to the left side I could access with my left hand, while still using it to control the D-pad? Perhaps behind the controller. Thanks 

Sure could. I will send you a PM about this.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...