doubledown

DOUBLEDOWN Custom ColecoVision Controllers

1 hour ago, ColecoKing said:

Oh, I was more interested in those red joystick models I saw on earlier pages.

You would have to be a little more specific.  I've made so many different ones at this point...they all kind of blur together.  Normally when I post a new model, I name it as something like my Donkey Kong Edition - VVG Joystick Controller, or Coleco Edition - VVG Signature Controller, or some such similar.  As long as it's not one of the #2495 Display Edition - Joystick Controllers or Enhanced Controllers, or Gauntlet Edition - VVG Experience Controller (all 3 of which, were limited editions), it should be available to offer...but again I would need to know which one you're talking about.  

2 hours ago, ColecoKing said:

I think it was the Pacman one but I'll double check.

This is my Pac-Man Edition - VVG Joystick Controller:

dsT5on.png

If it's the one you were thinking of, then you threw me off with your comment of it being red...granted it has a red ball knob, but with the overall housing yellow...I would have never thought you were talking about this one.  But again, if so...it can be made available...at approximately $275 plus shipping.  Again more details will be in my upcoming interest thread in the marketplace by this weekend.  

2 hours ago, ColecoKing said:

No my bad, it was one of the controllers that still looked similar to a regular CV controller but had the red arcade knob.

Like these:

dualsideby35ev4.jpg

Yes...these are Coleco "Hand Controllers."  These specific Pac-Man & Ms. Pac-Man editions were made years ago...as a 1 time build with only 14 pairs (and 1 single Pac-Man controller) made at that time...and no more will be produced.  As as I previously mentioned, I won't be building any "Hand Controllers"...in this upcoming build period...or possibly ever.  

Ok so what will you be making with the upcoming built?
Sounds like he will have a marketplace thread coming this weekend which will probably show specifics, but I'd really encourage you to read the whole thread from the top anyway. In addition to info on why some can and some can't be made again, it's a great look into how these controllers evolved and what goes into them. A lot of them were originally commission pieces (I have the Q*Bert prototype), so if there's something you don't see it doesn't hurt to ask!

But basically the thread will show you why some can't be made anymore ...limited editions, dye no longer available or they're just too much work. I think some of the hand controllers actually tick all three of those boxes!

I've posted an "interest check" topic in the Marketplace forums: 

HERE

...for anybody interested in buying any of my custom controllers.  Please read through that topic, and post any interest or questions there, regarding any of the controllers that I've built...and am currently offering.  

Last bump to gauge the current interest, for anybody looking to purchase any of my available custom controllers.  See "interest check" topic:

HERE

...and post a reply in that topic...if interested in getting anything in the next month or 2.  

For what it's worth, I'll state my interest again for a hand controller or two.. I've been wanting one for years. Hope some are made again at some point. :)

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk