IGNORED

My Small Video Game Collection

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

May 2020 Update

I got Crystal Castles for the Atari 2600, a lot of ten Atari 2600 games (Star Raiders, Stargate, Adventure, Canyon Bomber, Super Breakout, Combat, Street Racer, Cookie Monster Munch, Air Sea Battle, and Yars' Revenge), and some NOS Atari 2600/7800 games (Realsports Volleyball, Motorodeo, and Super Huey UH-IX).

IMG_0374.thumb.JPG.7214cc8255b7730565f3502711ad4668.JPG

IMG_0370.thumb.JPG.ec511215426c4b4fe7cf0b293b39bb5c.JPG

IMG_0363.thumb.JPG.787d357d8637755d78aa5d39bf8cbe37.JPG

That's all for now! I'll provide another update next month! :)

• Like 5

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

July 2020 Update

I can't believe it's been a year since I started posting about my collection! It's been fun sharing it with you guys! :)

I got Tomy Pac-Man wind-up toy, a Game Boy handheld console, and Dr. Mario and Tetris for the Game Boy!

IMG_0380.thumb.JPG.54b90a50a2a73865de94c0b49bde3934.JPG

IMG_0381.thumb.JPG.bbe53d42ee8ca7fd053a50d77fa94c39.JPG

As a bonus, I wanted to show what my collection looks like now! :)

IMG_0382.thumb.JPG.81d7625fbe702579fdc8ed950b08e432.JPG

That's all for now! I'll provide another update next month! :)

• Like 5

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 7/16/2019 at 8:26 PM, Isaiah Austin said:

I am excited to show you guys my small video game collection! It's not huge, but I consider it to be big enough for now! :)

First of all, I have pretty much all of my video game stuff in this Sega retail display case. From what I know, these type of cases are quite rare. It also has lighting, but I need to get some clear shelves for light to shine through each shelf.

IMG_0251.thumb.JPG.250d3133ccea8377d7061bf0fd89ec1b.JPG

On the top of the case, I have my Atari 2600 Sunnyvale Light Sixer, along with a Wii Mini box and a wooden Mario and Luigi (which I made) in the background.

IMG_0252.thumb.JPG.021b28dfccfb19e0299f31ce4feb58c7.JPG

In the case's top shelf, I have some assorted video game stuff. The main attraction in the case is the CIB NES Action Set! I also have a few Atari 2600 cartridges lined up in the front.

IMG_0253.thumb.JPG.529c2a2e00f890df41fa138b96c478e3.JPG

At the bottom of the case, I have more assorted video game stuff (most of them are Atari 2600 cartridges). I forgot to take a picture of my "gaming desk", where I have my Wii Mini, CRT TV, Game Boy clock, and a few other things.

IMG_0254.thumb.JPG.5db6e3e5eb70902035bade6afba74c22.JPG

Finally, this is my "secret" drawer of BNIB video game stuff! I am temporarily keeping this stuff in my drawer until I can get some clear shelves for my case. As you can tell, I love bubble wrap! For the Atari 2600, I have Robot Tank, Battlezone, and Defender. I also have an NES and SNES Classic Edition. The "holy grail" of my collection is the Game Boy Pocket in the bottom left corner!

IMG_0256.thumb.JPG.4c2bd96c2e6ad01709b90ffee56c391b.JPG

That's pretty much it for my collection! I hope you all enjoyed looking! I will provide updates to stuff that I get for the collection in the future! :)

your room looks like a 90s video game kiosk at the mall. 

• Like 3

On 9/16/2020 at 8:07 AM, Isaiah Austin said:

(I'm currently looking for someone to replace the controller ports).:)

You could buy a right angle male db9 connector off the internet and solder it on the board. it's not too complicated; just 9 pins to desolder and resolder.

By the way, nice collection! I want a class case like that but for now all my games are stuck in shoeboxes :) 

• Like 1

On 9/22/2020 at 4:36 PM, bluejay said:

You could buy a right-angle male DB9 connector from the Internet and solder it on the board. It's not too complicated; just 9 pins to de-solder and re-solder.

Sadly, I don't know how to solder. :P I'm currently having somebody else replace the controller ports. I hope that they'll be able to fix it.

On 9/22/2020 at 4:36 PM, bluejay said:

By the way, nice collection! I want a class case like that, but all of my games are stuck in shoeboxes for now. :)

Thanks for the compliment! :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Just now, Isaiah Austin said:

No, I don't have one; I'm just collecting Sega Genesis games for now. :)

That's exactly what I'm doing for a Wii... But only for 7 games: Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, 4 Swords Adventures, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl. That's all I'm ever going to play on my Wii if I were to get one, which I definitely will.

Anyways, I hope you get a Genesis someday. I wish I picked up more of those $5 Genesises from goodwill; I'd have gladly sent it your way for free ?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Dude, this is quite the collection for a young adult. I wish I had the ability at your age to purchase these kinds of things. I remember walking past a ton of Atari consoles in the late 90s with my parents wishing I could have one. They weren't even that much, but the difference in $20 for a console vs $20 in pants for winter was a huge thing to us.

I started colleting as an adult about 10 years ago when I got into console modding. I would trade work for retro console stuff. I recently purchased some games from another forum and thought I was getting Dig Dug for the 2600 but it was sold since the last update. I was SUPER bummed. Dig Dug was THE game I wanted.

Did you ever get your genesis fixed? I've seen a few posts for model 1s in local FB marketplace or OfferUp for about $15 for a working console. I want to jump on that so bad, but I already have a model 2 and CD and would rather acquire new items than duplicates.

Learn how to solder! It's super fun, and pretty easy over all. It really just takes practice.

You have an excellent collection. Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

On 12/11/2020 at 6:04 PM, Dopy25 said:

Dude, this is quite the collection for a young adult. I wish I had the ability at your age to purchase these kinds of things.

Thanks for the compliment! :)

On 12/11/2020 at 6:04 PM, Dopy25 said:

Did you ever get your Genesis fixed?

No, I never got my Sega Genesis console (Model 1) fixed. I ended up selling mine a couple of months ago to another AtariAge member that was able to fix it.