FujiSkunk

"It’s Time Video Games Stop Glorifying Violence..."

The guy obviously never played Space Invaders, or Galaga. Mowing down armies of alien critters was so violent! Couldn't they have had diplomatic channel options in those games?! No wonder the aliens shoot back!  :D

Not a valid comparison. 

That's....Peww, peww, peewwwww!

As opposed to......Arghhhhhhh, ahhhhh, rouggghhaa, murrrrgg, merp-merp-merp, gahhhh, Momma!, Momma!, splurge, plop, trickle, fart.

• Like 1

Couldn't have said it better myself.  I don't think I'll try. :)

The local GameStop shop has jailbars on the windows. Only store that does. I'd be thankful if videogame stopped attracting low-lifes, among other do-badders.

Posted (edited)

Isn't Burgertime a fair representation of how food is prepared at McDonalds?  Great training for the youth of today after entering the job market once they gotten their degree.

Edited by Agamon

This line made me laugh:

"In the new Call Of Duty, you’re forced to fight Middle Eastern rebels. Why couldn’t they just be tomatoes instead?"

So, now I just want someone to make a Call of Duty/Burgertime game- first-person Peter Pepper firing spice bullets into giant foodstuffs while navigating a hellscape of a kitchen to turn on burners, gather ingredients, and feed rescued hostages before helicoptering out in a sea of explosions Broforce-style.

• Like 1

You could call it Attack of the Killer Tomatoes!

... What?

• Haha 1

I'd happily pay for a 3d shooter based on the awful movie Pixels. If it were tongue in cheek humor, used a lot of classic arcade iconography, the enemies disintegrated into those pixel blocks when you shot them with a light cannon, and you also got to shoot President Paul Blart, it would be a good game. Never gonna happen though, cuz licensing that for a game would probably never happen. It's not free advertising like in a movie.  

On 7/17/2019 at 12:06 PM, Pixelboy said:

The guy obviously never played Space Invaders, or Galaga. Mowing down armies of alien critters was so violent! Couldn't they have had diplomatic channel options in those games?! No wonder the aliens shoot back!  :D

I mean yes but it would be simple to take a game that was initially violent, and make it about love instead! :) 

Take Dig Dug for example.

<deleted>

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Another WTF moment brought to you by NE146. I wonder how long that will be up before it has to be removed? Myself, I think it's just a little too much for AA general viewership.

Posted (edited)

Heh heh heh....I remember that Dig Dug art.  I will admit, I just noticed the little pool of blood with a tail under the boulder in the corner.

Burgertime not violent? C'mon, you spray pepper in the faces of sentient bipedal food creatures that are obviously trying to repel you, the alien, from their temples. Why else would these creatures suspend large pieces of food within a large structure? Those are momuments of their history and faith, for Emeril's sake! And when those creatures spit and sputter from your attack, you can walk over their totems and cause the whole piece to go crashing down, taking the "temple guards" to their doom.

Burgertime non-violent...pfft...indeed!

Edited by Gamemoose

I think the real discussion is the type of violence. Looney Tunes violence vs Alien chestburster and Texas chainsaw violence. The rating boards gave Looney Tunes a g rating and the other stuff, not so much.

Looney Tunes has been heavily edited.  For example, when Daffy Duck gets shot in the head they took out the part where his beak is on the wrong side of his head.

And when they run those cuts I don't watch it because it's the pussification of quality animation.  I hated Nickelodeon so much back in the 90s when the mommy boards of whining scared them into cutting every piece out so it was safe for the teletubbies age groups.  It took the cartoon network coming into existence to run the non-jacked up versions to correct that mistake.

11 hours ago, mr_me said:

Looney Tunes has been heavily edited.  For example, when Daffy Duck gets shot in the head they took out the part where his beak is on the wrong side of his head.

They can't show this anymore.

On 7/18/2019 at 1:28 PM, NE146 said:

I mean yes but it would be simple to take a game that was initially violent, and make it about love instead! :) 

Take Dig Dug for example.

<deleted>

I refuse this.

On 7/19/2019 at 5:27 PM, mr_me said:

Really?

That's... Silly. I'd kinda understand if there were blood or gore, but it you're referring to the moment I think you are, it's really just his beak spinning around. How silly people are thinking this is violent?