IGNORED

Color not working on only one game!

Baron Von Jerkface

Friends, I'm a long-time lurker and haven't had to post anything, because these forums are filled with good information that helped me troubleshoot just about everything for my light-sixer VCS.

I have run into a problem that I cannot seem to solve on my own, nor can I find any similar problems on the interwebs.

I recently bought a copy of this version of Bowling. When I first plugged it in, I got screeching sound and scrambled visuals. I cleaned the contacts real well, let the alcohol dry, plugged it back in and it was fine.

A couple days later, I wanted to play it again and the screen was black and white dots. The bowler, alley, score, and pins are all visible, but the picture was awful. It improves 100% when I enable black and white mode, but c'mon, I want color! 

The other day, I opened the cartridge up completely and tried to really scrub the copper contacts, but I got the same result.

Every other VCS cartridge I own displays full color on this console, I know that it's just this one cartridge. I'm out of troubleshooting ideas. Any of you fine folks have any ideas of what I should try next?

Thanks!

Bryan