IGNORED

Atari Jaguar CD-Rom Case Modding

Trigger58

Hello,

i am a newbie in here and i ever was an Amiga fan but i got unknown years ago an Atari Jaguar and since this time i love this console.

The only thing i wanna know is, has anybody ever tried to build in an Atari Jaguar CD-Rom into an old Atari Jaguar case?

I'm a case modder and i love it to try impossible things. I modded different Amiga's and at the moment i have another A600/Raspberry Pi Project but that is not finished yet. Here a few photos of it.

20190507_143931.jpg

20190507_144115.jpg

20190509_144332.jpg

20190518_230111.jpg

20190601_003612.jpg

IMG-20190518-WA0002.jpeg

20190601_003634.jpg

Screenshot_20190518-003744_Video Player.jpg

5 minutes ago, madman said:

You mean putting the CD-ROM into another Jag case? How would you plug it in? Or do you mean adding a CD-ROM into an existing Jag case that already contains a fully functional Jag?

i mean to put a cd-rom into a normal jaguar case. for the plugin i will see how i can realize it. thats the way a need an old cd-rom for it. i wanna try to build this in and i think it is possible.

Edited by Trigger58

Why would you need to modify anything to switch between the cd-rom and cart slot? That happens automatically when the CD attachment is plugged in and it is only connected via an extension card. Otherwise there'd be little point in the cart slot (other than memory track) on the CD and you'd have to remove it each time you wanted to play a cart game.

Edit: I see what you mean now...

14 minutes ago, madman said:

Why would you need to modify anything to switch between the cd-rom and cart slot? That happens automatically when the CD attachment is plugged in and it is only connected via an extension card. Otherwise there'd be little point in the cart slot (other than memory track) on the CD and you'd have to remove it each time you wanted to play a cart game.

Ok. Thats a thing i didnt knew, because i never had a cd-rom :(

But that sound great. make things easier ;)

For now i only changed the power led. i am not a friend of green light. now it is blue. i think about to cut out the jaguar logo and fill this up with acrylic resin. after this i think i will put some red lights in there but this is only a think about for now. there was only one modding out there i could find with google. i wonder why not other people try to mod this great piece of game console.

Edited by Trigger58

Well the consoles are expensive, the CD attachments even rarer and more expensive. I can't imagine many people want to go cutting one or both of them up for what is largely a pointless act. Have fun if you're into that sort of thing.

7 minutes ago, madman said:

Well the consoles are expensive, the CD attachments even rarer and more expensive. I can't imagine many people want to go cutting one or both of them up for what is largely a pointless act. Have fun if you're into that sort of thing.

Thanks :). if i ever get one of these without to spent my whole salary then i will try it!

Edited by Trigger58

On 7/19/2019 at 1:16 AM, sirlynxalot said:

There was also this case mod which was a similar concept

Atari-Jaguar-vs-PlayOne.png

Atari-PlayOne-rear.png

I thought i read something about that this thing was the JAG2 that never got released. By the way the painting looks more then horrible!

And the "bump" to open the case.... . No Way. Looks like someone tried to push the case in with a hot air gun.

EDIT:

if you look carefully then you can see that the bottom tile of the case is much bigger then the normal one. either he build a new bottom case or this one is the JAG 2 Prototype.

Edited by Trigger58