IGNORED

2600 with HDMI?

Bixler

I don't have a CRT TV anymore, and the nearest one on craigslist is quite a ways away. I do have a 4k 40" Samsung I use with my Xbox One, Wii U, and Blu-ray player, however. I'd like to get back into my 2600 with my Harmony cart, but obviously it won't connect to HDMI. Is my best bet to get an AV-modded 2600 and plug it in through the AV ports? Or is there a better alternative.

Or at this point, should I just use Stella on my Macbook Pro and purchase a controller adapter?

Thanks!

If I were to purchase an AV-modded 2600 from the marketplace here, would there be any issues with colors, ability to play games, or lag with my 4k TV? Sorry if that's an unbelievably dumb question; I'd happily just grab a cheap CRT if any were near me and drop it in the corner of my apartment's living room. But all I have is my modern flatscreen.

The AV mod does not introduce lag. It simply removes the RF modulator from the signal path. The composite to HDMI converters in either your TV or the external box will introduce lag. At least a frame but sometimes more. Image processing in your TV might also introduce additional lag. Make sure to turn it into Gaming mode and/or disable all image processing.