IGNORED

Hey everyone!

Going to take some getting used to posting over here instead of at our usual home, assuming the site doesn't survive the upgrade process like is feared. Nice that AtariAge has this feature since it will let our small community of regulars stick together.

Any of you guys have any threads you're particularly fond of? Been thinking about maybe copying over some of those if anyone thinks anything is worth saving (If I'm not completely sick of the process by the time I finish reposting the review database).

I don't think there's much of anything in our off topic thread that would run afoul of the forum rules here at AtariAge. We never really got into politics, religion, etc. So anything we decide to move over should be pretty safe.

Edited by Atariboy

Hello. Took me long enough.

I'm a lazy butt, sorry.

I actually had to look up the answer to the Security Check question on Google while I was signing up. I didn't remember Combat was the pack-in for the 2600.

I guess it's illegal for me to be here.

12 hours ago, Atariboy said:

Any of you guys have any threads you're particularly fond of?

I'd say the "What are you playing right now?" topic, because of course, but if Chris is giving us a copy of the DB, I don't think I mind if it's going to be gone. I'll miss it immensely, but it's not worth the hassle, unless someone objects, of course.

If I do off topic, I may temporarily make this a private club for a few days. I noticed when I was posting all the stuff yesterday that activity updates were popping up in the recent activity bar at the main AtariAge club page.

While there aren't many public clubs right now, I don't want to irritate anyone with it being overran for a few days by my porting over of some of our old threads. 

After I'm done with that, I'll take it public again. 

Edited by Atariboy

4 hours ago, AXM said:

Hello. Took me long enough.

I'm a lazy butt, sorry.

I actually had to look up the answer to the Security Check question on Google while I was signing up. I didn't remember Combat was the pack-in for the 2600.

I guess it's illegal for me to be here.

Spoiler

I googled the answer too. ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Atariboy said:

You two are probably the only two registered users at AtariAge that had to cheat on that question. :)

Well to be fair I never had any Atari related system. Somebody gave me something that basically a single joystick with a button. I have no idea which system it was. Never did get things to work 

Doesn't appear I can take the club private temporarily. I guess I'm glad I picked public then, since copying over the reviews to keep them online and available would've been rather pointless if only club members could view them.

Not that I think there's tons of people looking for reviews of PSP Minis these days, but they deserve to be kept online. Especially when Sony is still actively selling them, it's still a legitimate resource rather than a historical curiosity. 

All but the last 10 pages of our music thread have been brought over here. I'll do those later with a final post, and then try to knock out a good chunk of the reviews. 

Edited by Atariboy

22 hours ago, Albert said:

I can override this if necessary.

..Al

If you think it's best, sure.

I didn't want to clog up the "Recent activity in my clubs" status bar with our club's brief flurry of activity. I'm going to be reposting several dozen reviews from our reviews section at http://www.pspminis.com/list-games/ that covered the many digital PSP Mini and Playstation Mobile downloads that Sony released for the PSP/PS3 and Vita, since our site is having technical issues.

It was the only resource that covered many of these games, so I'm hoping this AtariAge club will help keep those reviews online for the foreseeable future and let our small number of forum regulars to continue to chat with each other (There's about 8 of us, several already AtariAge members, that were keeping our forum alive). 

If you don't think that's going to be a bother for anyone that our club is really busy for the next few days, I wouldn't bother taking us private if you think it's unnecessary. 

Edited by Atariboy

16 hours ago, JeremyR said:

Combat was such a strange pack-in for the VCS/2600. It was completely multiplayer, so if you were the only kid in your family (like me), you got an Atari and couldn't really play it

That's the one flaw it has. 

The biplanes mode in Triple Action on the Intellivision suffers similarly. One of the best single screen local multiplayer games of all time, but unless you have a friend or family member willing to play, it's useless. And that one is particularly tough these days since it has a rudimentary physicals system (You can stall your plane) and the Intellivision controller is so foreign to people these days. Tough to convince someone to give it a serious try. 

Atariboy, I was wondering if it was possible to put the archived posts inside of spoiler tags. It'd make threads much more readable, I feel. O's Musical Emporium's already a bit too long, I shudder to think what would the Off-Topic look like.

Of course, you're free to ignore this, mine is just a suggestion.

• Like 1

I can look into doing that since it sounds like a good idea. But keep in mind that clubs surely acts as an extension of the regular forum and thus will behave similarly. So after 25 posts, I have no doubt we'll roll over to a new page (just as our forum software over at our site would roll over to a new page after every 30 posts). 

So in a few more posts, the music thread's current activity will be taking place on page 2. So the archive of its earlier pre-AtariAge history will be on a page that will only be occasionally visited, rather than something that has to be annoyingly scrolled through just to reach the latest posts.

I like your idea though. It's there if anyone is curious, but a newcomer isn't automatically bombarded with dozens of old posts the moment they open page 1.

Edited by Atariboy

• 3 years later...