IGNORED

WTB Composite 2600

Bixler

Hey all. Since all I have in my apartment is a 4k flat screen TV, I guess I need to purchase a composite-modded Atari 2600 if I want to get back into my 2600 with my Harmony cart.

Thus, I'm interested in purchasing an Atari 2600 system that has been modded for composite output that will work beautifully on a modern TV. I'm not sure what the pricing for such an item would be; I'll trust that whoever has a system ready to go will offer it for a fair price here. Thanks!

If your handy with tools and a soldering iron, find a nice 2600 and get this kit...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-2600-7800-Composite-RCA-A-V-Audio-Video-Mod-Upgrade-Kit-FULLY-ASSEMBLED/311634197062?hash=item488ed87a46:g:8XsAAOSwx4Rc5ZsR:sc:USPSFirstClass!06339!US!-1

I am NOT an expert at all, only watched a few youtube videos on how to solder and this was a very easy install. 

Wow, their used to be someone on eBay selling them all the time for about $50-60. Since this was less than I was willing to do the work for, I never bothered with it.

Now that they seem to be $100+, I may consider doing it again.

There are a couple of eBay auctions where you send it to them and they mod and send back. One is an HDMI mod for $75. Not sure of the quality/reliability, but it is one option.  I am sure there are some other guys here that do it also. I only do custom-tuned composite mods, not the Y/C or HDMI board installs.

Edited by R.Cade

20 minutes ago, R.Cade said:

Wow, their used to be someone on eBay selling them all the time for about $50-60. Since this was less than I was willing to do the work for, I never bothered with it.

Now that they seem to be $100+, I may consider doing it again.

There are a couple of eBay auctions where you send it to them and they mod and send back. One is an HDMI mod for $75. Not sure of the quality/reliability, but it is one option.  I am sure there are some other guys here that do it also. I only do custom-tuned composite mods, not the Y/C or HDMI board installs.

Holy cow, the prices they are going for on eBay are a bit too steep for my budget. I didn't realize that I'd likely be spending over $100. I may have to reconsider this entire thing haha. Thank you for the info.

Hi.  I could sell you a modded Atari Jr.  for $55 plus shipping via PayPal friends and family.  I haven’t been selling them lately (I used to sell them on eBay for around $60), but can easily do one for you.  The Junior might not have the ascetic appeal of the older models, but it’s video output is far superior.  I’m in Illinois.  Let me know.   

Edited by shear_xear

41 minutes ago, shear_xear said:

Hi.  I could sell you a modded Atari Jr.  for $55 plus shipping via PayPal friends and family.  I haven’t been selling them lately (I used to sell them on eBay for around $60), but can easily do one for you.  The Junior might not have the ascetic appeal of the older models, but it’s video output is far superior.  I’m in Illinois.  Let me know.   

Wonderful! I would be very happy with this. I will send you a PM later this afternoon after work.

15 hours ago, Shawn said:

If you don't get that Junior I have an AV, pause, LED and barrel jack modded Sunnyvale light 6er I can sell you for $100. You won't find this much work on such a console anywhere else at this price.

I've sent you a PM!