IGNORED

Blue Sky Rangers Releases

BSRSteve

1 hour ago, CharonPDX said:

Are they going to be available at PRGE? I'd rather pick them up in person for that old-school game purchasing feel rather than faceless internet buying+shipping. (Even if I don't get the three-game discount.)

I don't know at this time if they will be available at PRGE. There are a couple of possibilities. I could still go (but don't have a space of my own), or someone else might be selling some.

1 hour ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

Are there updates to the ROMs?  Easter eggs?

I believe the roms have not been changed or updated for any of the 3 games.

New gatefold boxes,artwork and cartridge shell however.

Released by the official IP holder if that matters to you.

1 hour ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

What if I don't have an original Spiker for comparison?  Someone send me one...for science ?

Here you go. 1 each - Spiker SP Volleyball. You're welcome.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spiker-Beach-Volleyball-by-INTV-for-Intellivision-I-II-III-Syvania-Cart-NTSC/153561212497?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I'm guessing this King of the Mountain has the various sound effects and/or music whereas the original did not, but I might be mistaken. How it might be the same of differnet from the intelligentvision was, I have no idea. I'd like to see video of more intellivision homebrews, to see what they are like.

Due to some unforeseen problems, we will not be able to ship more of these titles until some time in September. Copies should be available at PRGE from Elektronite. I will try to tell everyone that has an order pending individually, but it will take some time (as there are quite a few orders pending)

• Like 1

On 7/24/2019 at 12:15 PM, wolfy62 said:

I just didnt know.

What is the difference?

I dont need riddles,I am looking for answers.

Thanks!

Same here.  I  own a Flashback and Intellivision Lives and Rocks CD's so I already have the rom for these games.  I'm not sure what is justifying $60 per game other than the physical copy for collectors and perhaps nostalgia. 

Can someone also please explain to me where are the emperor's clothes?

1 hour ago, mrb55 said:

Same here.  I  own a Flashback and Intellivision Lives and Rocks CD's so I already have the rom for these games.  I'm not sure what is justifying $60 per game other than the physical copy for collectors and perhaps nostalgia. 

These releases are largely for collectors, however at least Spiker apparently has a different ROM.  Not sure about the others.  I haven't played mine yet, but I'm guessing it's a new splash screen, credits, or Easter egg.  Probably not new modes of gameplay, but who knows.  Regarding the $60 price tag, it's still cheaper than buying the original ?

On 7/31/2019 at 3:01 PM, mrb55 said:

Per the first post, thought they were $70+ shipping for the new releases? Anyway, it's the Intellivision forum... it's always been about the variants! Made in HK, Singapore, USA... late 80's mail order baggie releases, 'special' game convention releases, philips screw heads vs. those goofy triangular types, gatefold vs. regular box, boxes with foreign langauges, manuals with only one rusty staple, overlays with slightly different hue... doesn't matter, gotta collect 'em all!    ?

So, who's collection is going to be featured on Collector's Call someday and what will such a collection really be "worth"?!  lol

2 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

These releases are largely for collectors, however at least Spiker apparently has a different ROM.  Not sure about the others.  I haven't played mine yet, but I'm guessing it's a new splash screen, credits, or Easter egg.  Probably not new modes of gameplay, but who knows.  Regarding the $60 price tag, it's still cheaper than buying the original ?

Ok...totally understand.  I am an original owner from back in 1980 when I shelled out $250 from my paper route money (a lot of money back then for a 13 year old) for the master component so I definitely understand the interest. 

However, I've moved on from the hardware primarily because of component longevity concerns (40 years old). I decided instead to purchase an Ultimate PC interface to use with my original controllers on a Windows 10 pc as well as raspberry pi and go the emulation route.  Would love to obtain actual flashback controllers if I could find them. 

Different strokes for different folks.  ?