IGNORED

Adam-specific Development sub-forum?

Vorticon

Hi.

Who is the admin for this forum?

I was wondering if an Adam-specific Development sub-forum could be created. One of the main reasons many Adam enthusiasts do not frequent this forum is that the Adam-specific discussions get drowned in all the Colecovision chatter. And no, development for the Adam is not the same as Colecovision development...

There is simply not enough discussion to warrant having yet another discussion forum about it.  There is already a ColecoVision development/programming sub-forum and that should suffice just fine for ADAM as well.

20 hours ago, Vorticon said:

If you build it, they will come :)

And again, the Adam is a very different animal from the game console, so frankly lumping the 2 together is not helpful and vaguely condescending...

Are you the Colecovision moderator?

Vorticon,

perhaps it's worth checking out the new Atariage "clubs" functionality which are basically mini-forums you can setup yourself if I understand correctly.

It's kinda silly being at the mercy of a moderator. You won't know if a new subforum takes of unless you try it.  Just my 2 cents.....

Myself I'm very interested in The Adam Computer lately and reading about development stuff for it (which is not the same as game development)

I especially enjoyed reading about the CPM text editor you implemented.

Now thinking about it, could see a subforum for TI-99/4a related computers like Tomy Tutor & Geneve 9640.?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, retroclouds said:

Vorticon,

perhaps it's worth checking out the new Atariage "clubs" functionality which are basically mini-forums you can setup yourself if I understand correctly.

It's kinda silly being at the mercy of a moderator. You won't know if a new subforum takes of unless you try it.  Just my 2 cents.....

Myself I'm very interested in The Adam Computer lately and reading about development stuff for it (which is not the same as game development)

I especially enjoyed reading about the CPM text editor you implemented.

Now thinking about it, could see a subforum for TI-99/4a related computers like Tomy Tutor & Geneve 9640.?

Well William Hicks has set up an Adam-specific board here: http://smartbasic.net/forum and we're going to give it a whirl instead. If that takes off then there won't be much to do here as far as the Adam is concerned...

• Like 1

I am STOKED about developing for the ADAM however here is the consideration...
The differences between the ADAM and the Colecovision but not what you think.

The main is the Disk Drive and the Digital Data Drive while all else is moot unless you create a game or software that uses the keyboard.

Sure, a tiny bit of extra memory but the same sound and the same graphics chip.

So, you want to make a DDP based game within the 256k world then you are giving or selling to someone with that drive.

When you create a nostalgia game for the Commodore 64 the norm was a C64 and disk drive.
You create a disk or a tape with all the packaging...

For the Coleco ADAM the norm is pretty much Cartridges or DDP.  Very little was released on Disk.

In any case, bring it on...

I'll contribute where I can.
Upgrade the CPM to 2.3

Create a new Smart Basic

Create a version of Dos that could run old EGA games???

Who knows

Edited by Mike Harris